Trucking Carrier Relations Manager
Flexport, Amsterdam, NL
People-Driven Service Extended Through Software
Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Started in 2013, we've raised $204M from investors that include Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
To further fuel our global expansion, we're looking for a Carrier Relations Manager to join our growing European team based out of Amsterdam. In this role, you will build out our trucking partner relationships, manage our local agent relationships and work with our Sales and Global Operations Teams to increase volume. Salivating at the thought of building relationships and supporting winning deals while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade? Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Develop & manage trucking carrier relationships;
- Develop & manage freight agent relationships;
- Provide rates and solutions to sales and operations team globally;
- Driving global pricing strategies;
- Secure carrier rate agreements that support overall production of positive gross profits & volumes;
- Create a business plan to achieve and exceed targets for trucking including identification of opportunities for enhancing freight business;
- Continuously identify and execute on efficiencies;
- Ensure compliance with appropriate governmental regulations and company policies;
- Work closely with your Global Pricing and Procurement colleagues in San Francisco & Hong Kong
What you’ll need:
- Experience building relationships in logistics industry with a focus on trucking (e.g., an account manager at a top tier freight forwarder, supply chain logistics manager); or experience at a top tier consulting firm focused on the logistics industry;
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution, you will need to get your hands dirty;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, nationally and internationally;
- Strong command of English plus one other local European language
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it; and
- The desire to lead, train, and develop up and coming industry talent.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.