Flexport is a platform for global trade. We are a licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern technology stack. We help some of the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Started in 2013, we've now raised over $204M from investors including Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Felicis Ventures, Fuel Capital, A-Grade Investments, Y Combinator, and more.
Due to our rapid global expansion, we're looking for logistical masterminds to join our growing team in Amsterdam. Salivating at the thought of solving customs issues while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade? Keep reading!
What you'll do:
- Digitally prepare all documentation required for goods to clear EU customs for high profile clients.
- Support your operations and sales team on customs related topics such as product classifications, clarifying information on customs docs, pre-calculating duties & taxes, etc.
- Enter commercial product information and dimensions with speed, consistency and accuracy.
- Ensure quality control on international shipment documents.
- Complete special projects to support the team as necessary.
- Be part of the founding import/export data team in Amsterdam!
What you'll need:
- BSc/MSc Degree with a strong academic track record and meaningful internship experience. Bonus points for majors relating to Supply Chain, International Trade, International Business, or Maritime Law.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Next-level attention to detail and follow-through.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- High level of computer literacy. No paper. All digital.
- Data and Excel experience is a plus.
- Dutch / German language preferred.
A place to do your best work
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.