Account Executive (m/f/x) for small and medium-sized business, Hamburg
Flexport, Hamburg, DE
Fixing the user experience in global trade.
Help Flexport win new business
As we enter our next phase of growth, we’re looking for driven and intellectually curious Account Executives to join our growing sales team in Hamburg. Salivating at the thought of building a business from the ground up while on an uncapped commission structure? Keep reading!
- Proactively consult with clients to understand their supply chain needs and processes;
- Demonstrate the value of Flexport through remote and in-person meetings;
- Build, manage, and convert a pipeline of prospective clients;
- Lead a squad in partnership with a Global Operations Manager to drive Client Success and Revenue Generation.
You should have:
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing sales role within a freight forwarding or related company, with at least 12 months of closing experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Fluency in German and English;
- A burning desire to win clients from competitors. You’re a team player, but you know that a little competition is healthy;
- The intellectual horsepower and curiosity to learn a new way of operating in an old industry;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. Read about three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.