Client Solutions Associate | Global Key Accounts
Flexport, Atlanta, GA
Fixing the user experience in global trade.
Help Flexport fix the user experience in global trade!
At Flexport, we know global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. Flexport today connects more than 10,000 clients, both consignees and shippers, across 109 countries. Our role is to help businesses of all sizes find the global trade solutions that will empower their success.
Now, more than ever, customers need our support to survive and win in 2020. Their success is our success. We work back from what’s best for them to find a solution. That’s why we are building the Platform for Global trade - a strategic model combining customer centricity, supply chain expertise, advanced technology and data analytics.
Our goal for this role is for you to be a proactive partner and problem-solver for our clients, both consignees and shippers, working to improve their supply chains by leveraging Flexport's unique and adaptable solutions.
The Client Solutions Associate, Global Key Accounts will help their clients grow and realize the Flexport value by deeply understanding the client’s supply chain and partnering to find solutions for their clients. Our clients depend on us to manage their experience with high degrees of professionalism and attention to detail. Here are some of the tactical responsibilities for this role:
- You will partner with the Global Key Account Manager and Client Solutions Manager during client onboarding to translate the client strategy into a clear standard operating procedure that informs your Supply Chain Operations partners and ensures successful client outcomes.
- You will work cross-functionally with Supply Chain Operations, Procurement, Account Solutions, Implementation, and Partner teams to build a holistic view of the client’s business and find ways to improve client outcomes.
- You will respond to client escalations, partnering with Supply Chain Operations to solve client issues quickly and ensure smooth operations at origin and destination. You will handle client issues that require advanced industry knowledge.
- You will ensure a deep understanding of industry technology (ERP, PO Management, etc.) in order to ensure data is flowing properly; develop reporting for key client meetings
- You will use your deep knowledge of the client to identify, quote, and close new incidental business opportunities with the client.
- You will ensure shipment metrics consistently meet client expectations and report out on all key client SLAs
- You will keep a close pulse on client financial health, reporting on the client’s financials and ensuring the client’s maintain consistent payment schedules.
- You will conduct financial analysis to quantify account level profitability and develop reporting for the Global Key Account Manager
- You will drive product adoption with client stakeholders to ensure that clients realize the full value with Flexport.
- You will use data to monitor the health of your respective book of business so that you can identify ways to improve the client’s Flexport experience.
- You will deliver polished executive-level presentations in both written and verbal formats for Global Key Accounts clients
- You will learn about the latest in supply chain developments and Flexport services and solutions, so that you can educate your clients in real-time.
You should have:
- A background in logistics, freight forwarding, or supply chain
- 3-5 years of experience in supply chain operations, sales or account management roles (preferably Key Account management), or consulting
- Experience with export logistics
- Client-centric: obsessed with client outcomes, doing what it takes to deliver the client’s expectations
- Hands-on, process-oriented, structured thinking with strong problem-solving skills
- Deeply curious: always working to understand the client’s needs and learn how Flexport can best meet them
- Next-level attention to detail: enjoy combing through the metrics and details to identify opportunities to improve internally or better manage the client relationship
- Strong business acumen
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
See jobs at Bluecore