Analytics Engineering Manager
Flexport, Bellevue, WA; Chicago, IL; San Francisco, CA
Fixing the user experience in global trade.
Creating insights to revolutionize an industry
Fast, accurate insights are integral in allowing us to fulfill our mission of fixing the user experience in global trade. At Flexport you’ll help by leading and growing a strong group of Analytics Engineers that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry.
- Lead a team of Analytics Engineers in building a cutting edge system of technology and processes for managing the data lifecycle at Flexport
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders in defining and documenting company-wide single source of truth data models that power analysis throughout the enterprise
- Set company-wide standards for data quality and collaborate with data scientists, data engineers, and go-to-market teams to ensure that contributions to the data warehouse are up to par
- Manage a portfolio of analytics tools and platforms that empower data scientists, product managers, go-to-market teams, and other data consumers
- Simplify and improve data collection and reporting processes to automate manual workflows and eliminate manual dependencies
- Project manage changes to data architecture, and help resultant change throughout the enterprise
- Reconcile data issues and alerts between various systems, finding opportunities to innovate and drive improvements
You should have
- Expert SQL proficiency with proven competencies in designing well-architected data models, optimizing for query performance, and clearly documenting code
- 6-8+ years of experience in related analytical, business systems and data engineering fields
- Work in Tableau, Looker, or similar visualization / business intelligence platform
- Experience with DBT or similar analytics workflow tools
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and BigQuery strongly preferred
- Experience building reporting processes for finance (billing, invoicing, executive reporting) strongly preferred
- Hands-on experience with Master Data Management (full lifecycle gathering requirements, choosing/implementing tool, building solutions)
- Experience with data governance (defining procedures, establishing change management policies) a big plus
- Experience with operational tools and business systems such as Amplitude, Google Analytics, Marketo, Salesforce, Segment, or Zuora
- Exposure to Apache Airflow or other DAG frameworks
- Advanced Python
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics or related field preferred
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.