Help Flexport fix the user experience in global trade!
At Flexport, we know global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries. Our role is to help businesses of all sizes find the global trade solutions that will empower their success.
Now, more than ever, customers need our support to survive and win in 2020. Their success is our success. We work back from what’s best for them to find a solution. That’s why we are building the Platform for Global trade - a strategic model combining customer centricity, supply chain expertise, advanced technology and data analytics.
Our goal for this role is you will be a business partner to our clients, working to improve their supply chains by leveraging Flexport's unique and adaptable solutions.
In every role at Flexport we balance high levels of tactical performance (convergence and scalability) with high levels of adaptive performance (divergence and problem solving) – it means we are constantly learning and finding ways to improve. The adaptive opportunities in this role are essential to helping our clients understand Flexport’s value proposition:
The Client Solutions Manager will maintain a pulse on the client life cycle and continue to grow and deliver the Flexport value.
- You will drive Metric-driven oversight of the responsibilities and business health related to the book of business in your respective geography, including data quality, financial metrics and shipment milestone OTP
- You will partner with AM and AE on early sales stages to discuss long term account strategy as required
- You will lead shipment execution for trial shipments for new clients or trade lanes
- You will build relationships with Global team members and related departments, both internally and externally
- You will learn about the latest in supply chain developments and Flexport services and solutions, so that we can provide helpful information to clients in real time
- You will work cross-functionally with Supply Chain Operations, Procurement, Account Solutions, Implementation teams, etc to optimize and manage the client’s business.
- You will collaborate with Supply Chain Operations by providing feedback to ensure client needs are met.
- You will proactively monitor account performance to identify opportunities to improve performance and improve client retention
- You will assist the quarterly touch points with the client (QBRs) to help clients understand the value they are realizing and new opportunities to improve performance
- You will have constant opportunities to learn by attending and participating in account management meetings, training seminars, and workshops.
- You will have advanced understanding of the end to end shipment workflow
- You will bring strong ability to problem solve and escalate
- You will bring Intermediate industry knowledge and ability to apply accordingly
- You will collaborate and communicate with internal and external partners/clients
Our clients depend on us to manage their experience with high degrees of professionalism and attention to detail. Here are some of the tactical responsibilities for this role:
- You will perform account management activities, such as defining and refining the customer’s success criteria, responding to customer escalations, and reporting on customer financial health
- You will ensure shipment metrics are at a level that drives efficiency and positive client NPS
- You will handle client issues that require advanced industry knowledge
- You understand the business of your client to effectively develop a QBR with minimal guidance
- You will drive client product adoption, so that they learn to manage their supply chain more efficiently, or get full value from shipping with Flexport"
- You will have a close pulse on client financial health and drive financial control which is to make sure our client on track on payments so that they can keep on shipping
- You should be able to drive client shipment lifecycle as and when required
- You will assist the partner managed shipments as we drive partner autonomy
- You should be able to step in to fill gaps in process or implement improved processes
You should have:
- BA/BS degree and minimum
- 3-5 years of experience in supply chain operations, sales or account management roles
- A background in logistics, freight forwarding, or supply chain (preferred)
- Ability to understand key operational processes, financial terms and concepts
- Strong business acumen
- Next-level attention to detail
- Communicating with structure
- Managing time and commitments
- Generating ideas through data
- Analyzing and understanding the customer
- Coordinating the flow of client shipments
- Understanding client lifecycle and its impact on the shipments
- Making a proposal for partnership and value exchange
- Confidence and humility
- Motivating a client to take action
Growth and development:
What you will learn
- Consensus building
- Building a logical position
- Illustrating and personifying a value proposition
- Communicating in executive board meetings
- Diagnosing a client’s deeper needs
- Building strategy through a client viability lens
Future tracks this role could lead to:
- Account Manager
- Account Executive
- Supply Chain Operations
Why join Flexport?
Investing your time with Flexport means keeping pace with a rapidly growing business, learning new skills, and seeking opportunities to think from end to end. We appreciate your contributions to making Flexport an amazing place to work and we encourage upwards or lateral movement and transfers that align with current business needs and help Flexport deliver on its mission and unlock the potential in our team members.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.