Account Executive (m/f/d) Southern Germany - remote based
Flexport, Home based - Bavaria / Baden-Württemberg
Fixing the user experience in global trade.
Join Flexport and contribute to our growth ambition in Southern Germany
Account Executives at Flexport connect companies with our Operating System for Global Trade and provide solutions for their supply chain needs. Sales teams at Flexport own client relationships and find creative ways to fill the gaps in our customers' supply chains. We're looking for passionate, collaborative people to close, manage, and grow books of business from global logistics organizations, from start to finish.
Now, more than ever, customers need our support to survive and win in 2021. Their success is our success. We work back from what’s best for them to find a solution. That’s why we are building the Platform for Global trade - a strategic model combining customer centricity, supply chain expertise, advanced technology and data analytics.
Therefore we’re looking for driven and intellectually curious Account Executives to join to help make Flexport the leader in Global Trade! You are a Sales Professional with a strong network and home base in Bavaria and/or Baden Wuerttemberg? Keep reading!
- Proactively consult with clients to understand their supply chain needs and processes
- Be able to create value driven solutions, built on deep research and a full understanding of the client's end to end, order to cash cycle. These solutions will encompass multiple Flexport services.
- Demonstrate the value of Flexport through remote and in-person meetings
- Build and manage a pipeline of prospective clients with a diverse set of backgrounds
- Identify opportunities for account growth while retaining and expanding revenue within book of business
- Lead a squad in partnership with a Client Solutions Manager to drive client success and revenue generation
You should have:
- 5+ years in sales for freight forwarding or logistics with 3 years of closing experience
- A successfully completed degree in the field of business/logistics or a completed apprenticeship in logistics
- Strong knowledge of freight forwarding principles and the local market in Southern Germany with a strategic and consultative mindset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, with the ability to connect in both virtual and face-to-face environments.
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
- A burning desire to win clients from competitors. You’re a team player, but you know that a little competition is healthy
- The intellectual horsepower and curiosity to learn a new way of operating in an old industry
- The excitement for building something from the ground up with an enduring “can do” attitude
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Business fluency in German and good English (oral and written) is required
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!