Client Solutions Specialist
Flexport, Hong Kong Island, HK
Fixing the user experience in global trade.
At Flexport, we know global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. Flexport today connects more than 10,000 clients, both consignees and shippers, across 109 countries. Our role is to help businesses of all sizes find the global trade solutions that will empower their success.
Now, more than ever, customers need our support to survive and win in 2020. Their success is our success. We work back from what’s best for them to find a solution. That’s why we are building the Platform for Global trade - a strategic model combining customer centricity, supply chain expertise, advanced technology and data analytics.
Our goal for this role is for you to be a proactive partner and problem-solver for our clients, both consignees and shippers, working to improve their supply chains by leveraging Flexport's unique and adaptable solutions.
The Client Solutions Specialist will help their clients grow and realize the Flexport value by deeply understanding the client’s supply chain and partnering to find solutions for their clients. Our clients depend on us to manage their experience with high degrees of professionalism and attention to detail. Here are the responsibilities for this role:
SCOPE OF DUTIES
- You will be performing critical shipment milestones and specific shipment processes.
- You will be tracking shipment status and updating schedules accordingly.
- You will ensure shipment metrics consistently meet client expectations.
- You will collaborate with your supply chain operations partners and external stakeholders to ensure the success of the shipment lifecycle.
- You will assist the shipments managed by partners as we drive partner autonomy.
- You will maintain data consistency, accuracy and quality in our operating system, to ensure our clients are empowered with the most updated shipment information
- You will understand the operations and document flow of international shipments (ocean, air and road freight) and gradually develop a professional career in logistics
- You will drive standardization in operational processes across different teams to create highest operational efficiency and lowest cost to serve
- You will perform data collection, spreadsheet creation, and data analysis; handle full set of shipping documents and generate invoices and commercial documents; and, prepare operations report for regular review and analysis.
- You will be assigned on ad-hoc projects
What you will need
- We are open to fresh grads with strong interest in sales or account management roles
- A background in logistics, freight forwarding, or supply chain (preferred)
- Client-centric: obsessed with client outcomes, doing what it takes to deliver the client’s expectations
- Hands-on, process-oriented, structured thinking with strong problem-solving skills
- Deeply curious: always working to understand the client’s needs and learn how Flexport can best meet them
- Next-level attention to detail: enjoy combing through the metrics and details to identify opportunities to improve internally or better manage the client relationship
- Strong business acumen
Why join Flexport?
Investing your time with Flexport means keeping pace with a rapidly growing business, learning new skills, and seeking opportunities to think from end to end. We appreciate your contributions to making Flexport an amazing place to work and we encourage upwards or lateral movement and transfers that align with current business needs and help Flexport deliver on its mission and unlock the potential in our team members.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Brewing up the future, today.
Tech Jobs For You
Customer Success Coordinator (Remote - Must be based in North ...
Kurtosys, Raleigh/Durham North Carolina