At Flexport, we know global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. Flexport today connects more than 10,000 clients, both consignees and shippers, across 109 countries. Our role is to help businesses of all sizes find the global trade solutions that will empower their success.
Now, more than ever, customers need our support to survive and win in 2020. Their success is our success. We work back from what’s best for them to find a solution. That’s why we are building the Platform for Global trade - a strategic model combining customer centricity, supply chain expertise, advanced technology and data analytics.
Our goal for this role is for you to be a proactive business partner to our clients, designing and implementing the unique supply chain solutions that will propel our clients’ businesses forward. As a member of the Global Client Solutions Team, your mission will be to proactively grow our client relationships by building and implementing solutions to their critical supply chain challenges.
In every role at Flexport we balance high levels of tactical performance (convergence and scalability) with high levels of adaptive performance (divergence and problem solving) – it means we are constantly learning and finding ways to improve. In this role, adaptive performance is essential to helping our clients understand and realize Flexport’s value proposition.
The Client Solutions Manager will own the long-term client relationship, improving and growing the client’s business by identifying and implementing new and enduring global trade solutions to drive the client’s business forward.
- You will use your advanced knowledge of the client’s business goals, the industry, and Flexport’s services and solutions to proactively close and deliver new solutions that empower the client and deepen the client relationship.
- You will serve as the client’s trusted advisor, advocating for their needs with internal stakeholders and finding win-win solutions for the client and for Flexport.
- You will use regular client touchpoints and business reviews to help clients understand the value they are realizing and to capitalize on new opportunities to deepen the relationship.
- You will work cross-functionally – across Supply Chain Operations, Procurement, Account Solutions, Implementation, Industry SMEs, and Trade and Financial Services teams – to develop and execute on the client strategy in a deliberate way that maximizes the client’s outcomes.
- You will stay up-to-date on the latest industry and supply chain developments, so that you can proactively educate and support your clients through change.
- You will proactively monitor the client’s health to identify opportunities to improve client outcomes and ensure that Flexport meets its business objectives.
- With the support of Client Solutions Associates, you will help the client improve operational processes and streamline its supply chain.
- You will ensure high product adoption by mastering teaching the Flexport platform to help your clients get the most out of their Flexport experience.
- You will have constant opportunities to learn by attending and participating in account management meetings, training seminars, and workshops.
The Client Solutions Manager will have the unique opportunity to manage and mentor Client Solutions Associates (CSA), as they ensure that Flexport consistently delivers value and as they identify new opportunities to improve client outcomes and deepen the client relationship.
- You will be accountable for the growth and performance of CSAs.
- You will provide coaching on navigating difficult client conversations and collaborating with internal stakeholders.
- You will help CSAs identify new business opportunities through a deep understanding of the client’s supply chain, business metrics, and the Flexport solutions.
- You will teach them the fundamental skills of account management.
- You will provide constructive feedback during the company’s performance cycle.
- You will make recommendations related to career growth opportunities.
Our clients depend on us to manage their experience with high degrees of professionalism and attention to detail. Here are some of the tactical responsibilities for this role:
- After the initial client onboarding and solution adoption, you will own the client strategy. You will decide, document, and implement the long-term plan for Flexport to deliver for the client.
- You will understand and develop pricing strategies to drive profitability and growth. You will monitor the client’s performance and profitability over time, and work with the client to ensure a win-win relationship.
- You will serve as a critical operational expert during the client’s onboarding experience, ensuring that the client’s success criteria are accurately translated into standard operating procedures for the Supply Chain Operations team.
- You will identify and create new revenue opportunities by selling new Flexport solutions and services that empower our clients.
- You will demo Flexport’s value and service offerings for new stakeholders to ensure that the client realizes the full Flexport value.
- You will perform core account management activities to ensure excellent client outcomes, such as defining and refining the customer’s success criteria, responding to customer escalations, maintaining an accurate client forecast, and reporting on customer financial health.
- You will set or support the account strategy during the industry bid season and respond to client RFPs with an approach that elicits client trust and confidence.
- You will track client related activity by inputting all relevant information into Salesforce, Flexport’s CRM, in order to monitor trends in the client relationship over time.
- You will ensure that the client meets their financial agreements, managing credit and collections.
- You will respond to complex client escalations.
What you will need
- A background in logistics, freight forwarding, or supply chain (strongly preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain operations, sales or account management roles, or equivalent relevant
- Hands-on, structured thinking with strong problem-solving skills
- A strong leadership background with people management experience
- Strong business acumen
- Bonus points for product development understanding
Why join Flexport?
Investing your time with Flexport means keeping pace with a rapidly growing business, learning new skills, and seeking opportunities to think from end to end. We appreciate your contributions to making Flexport an amazing place to work and we encourage upwards or lateral movement and transfers that align with current business needs and help Flexport deliver on its mission and unlock the potential in our team members.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.