Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Due to our rapid Global expansion, we're looking for a Global Operations Associate to help build our Chicago presence and support our local squads. Interested in solving real-world problems while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade? Keep reading!
What you'll do:
- Manage all aspects of international trade from origin to destination;
- Interface with global logistics partners to coordinate international shipments;
- Shepherd clients through the complexities of international trade;
- Collaborate with the sales team to ensure the highest level of service possible; and
- Assist the Customs Team with logistical troubleshooting.
What you'll need:
- You have a BA/BS degree with a strong track record of success;
- You have 1-3 years of experience at a startup, top consulting, accounting or investment banking firm;
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- You have an obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- You show next-level attention to detail;
- You have the courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it;
- You have the intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks; and
- You are a master of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
Where you'll work:
We’re new to Chicago and looking for lifelong learners who want to be a part of a founding team. Come help us build the culture at Flexport!
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Join us to forever change the face of global trade in an atmosphere that encourages individuality and ownership.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Jobs You May Like
Clothing Warehouse Associate - AM Shift
thredUP, Mechanicsburg, PA
Elasticsearch - Java Engineer - Geo
Technical Account Manager - New York
Shape Security, New York City
Senior Project Manager
Optometrist (Fill-In), Warby Parker Pencil Room
Warby Parker, Ann Arbor, MI
Project Manager Logistics Systems (m/w/x)