Develop and strengthen our financial processes
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Senior Manager of FP&A will play a pivotal business partnering role and will provide financial direction to senior leadership for the region, and provide leadership on forecasting, business planning, management reporting, business analytics activities and take on ad hoc projects when needed. A hands-on and thoughtful team player who can build and oversee the tools and processes to help us scale for the future. He/she will also bring a strong analytical toolset, and experience in managing the planning activities of a matrix organization with headquarters. This role also helps to build financial literacy among the Asia Management Team with transparency and accountability for driving profitability and opportunity, and ensure that finance is seen as a value-added business partner.
- Be the business partner with Asia leadership to understand and evaluate key business drivers for investment decisions to be made.
- Assist leadership to identify strategic initiatives and coordinate projects to address opportunities and risks.
- Be an expert at building financial models and provide data analytics to better understand the complex relationships in our business and evaluate the economic implications and trade-offs of various business actions.
- Recommend changes or develop frameworks that optimize for the overall health of the business
- Drive continuous improvement of a cohesive finance function to produce innovation in reporting, planning and analysis
- Work closely with various finance functions across different regions and to contribute ideas and drive changes where necessary.
- Develop ad-hoc reports and analysis to support strategic planning as needed
- Manage and participate in the analysis and interpretation of operating results, preparation of executive reports, review of financing activities, and analysis of financial effects of various contemplated actions.
- Provide clear and impactful insight from Flexport’s operating results.
You should have:
- 8-10 years of progressive professional experience with increasing responsibility, scope and leadership in FP&A function
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to interact with various leadership levels
- Strong problem-solving ability combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate clearly and influence leadership teams.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- High proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Google applications
- Highly motivated, independent with a high level of ownership and always looking for opportunities to excel and challenge the status quo.
- Experience in reporting and data analytic tools including Looker, SQL, Adaptive Insights and NetSuite is highly preferable
- Organized, strategically focused, detail oriented, and able to deal with ambiguity in a constantly evolving environment.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Tech Jobs For You
Billing and Account Services Specialist (6 month contract)
Datto, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia