Exciting Opportunity to Help Make Global Trade Easier
Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest-growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Data and information is the foundation upon which Flexport builds its business and transforms the freight industry. Our Data Services Team helps Flexport deliver the accuracy and insight that represent value to our clients while working in a team to learn the business of moving freight.
We are looking for an experienced leader to build and scale a truly best-in-class data service organization. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall quality of global supply chain data service, operations and productization success. You will establish a world-class programmatic approach to optimizing workflows, fostering high productivity teams, and create end-to-end processes to enable us to scale our service delivery to customers.
You will partner with leaders and teams across all levels of the company to deliver world class quality data to provide visibility to our clients supply chain data. You will report to our VP of Trade and Financial Services and have a worldwide operations mandate.
- Establish the strategy to build and lead the Supply Chain Data Services function that provides streamlined processes to support visibility, managed solutions, and supply chain segments.
- Build and lead global high performing teams comprised of managers, program managers, lead coordinators and associates
- Establish a functional center of excellence to document and index industry, technical and product knowledge to unlock customer value creation
- Establish and run performance indicators to measure efficacy, efficiency, and value creation impact
- Establish a replicable blueprint to scale our operations and service model to other markets
- Scale a function to ingest workflows, generate streamlined processes, implement tooling to support data quality and partner with product teams to push for automation
- Set the market standard for process efficacy and data quality
You should have:
- A strong work ethic and ability to lead by example
- A strategic mind with operating experience, particularly in operations, business development, or supply chain logistics
- The ability to move from abstract to practical and strategic to tactical - with the experience to operate at scale and scrappy/nimble to deliver high impact quick wins
- A deep appreciation for service and operationally heavy environments, as well as an appreciation for the people that power the operations and as a result will build programs with both the EQ and IQ necessary to unlock the potential of the individuals and the organization
- Excellent team building and people management skills
- A hyper collaborative working style and and ability to drive a strategy, plan, and a team with conviction and urgency
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price
Tech Jobs For You
Assistant Preschool Teacher/Extended Day Specialist
Guidepost Montessori, Upper East Side, Manhattan, New York