Senior Program Manager, Business Operations
Flexport, Bellevue, Washington, United States, Los Angeles, CA, United States, San Francisco, CA, United States
Fixing the user experience in global trade.
The Business Operations & Excellence team owns programs that systematically improve our data quality. We work with our technology teams, trade lane management, operations, finance and account management teams to design, build, and improve vital systems like Flexport’s Marketplace and the network data needed to seamlessly connect parties in any global supply chain.
- Design and run a program to manage Flexport’s network data quality across all network components including ports, terminals, vessels, warehouses etc.
- Define network data quality and establish standards
- Establish network data quality ownership and projects for short and long term
- Work cross-functionally with technology teams, data analytics, operations, tradelane management, and account management to
- Scalably identify, validate, and improve today’s challenges
- Define the engagement model for long term technology projects
- Communicate program updates to all stakeholders and executives
- Drive cross-functional buy-in for program design across a variety of stakeholders which requires challenging the status quo
- Be the reliable source of truth for the status of projects and hold people accountable for deliverables
You should have:
- 12+ years experience including work in program management, management consulting, or an operational leadership role
- You know how to define the value of data and grasp a complex set of requirements
- Experience as a business partner to product / engineering teams and experience in a business with heavy operations highly desired
- You are a lovable project champion and a thoroughly dependable project manager, able to hold business owners accountable
- Capable analyst, structured thinker, excellent communicator
- Track record of excellent research, synthesis, and communication, cross-functional collaboration
- Skills: data analysis, presentation, excellent verbal and written communication, SQL experience preferred
- Low ego, growth mindset, high emotional intelligence (EQ), innately curious, resourceful, and always ready to roll up your sleeves to solve the tough problems
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and capable of quickly shifting topics and priorities given business requirements
- Detail oriented with a focus on high quality of work
- Self starter with high level of autonomy and integrity in your work
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
The leading leasing, marketing, and asset management platform taking commercial real estate businesses online.