Program Manager, Operations Excellence
Flexport, Atlanta, GA | Bellevue, WA | San Francisco, CA | Los Angeles, CA | Chicago, IL | New York, NY
Fixing the user experience in global trade.
Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
Operational Excellence is central to Flexport’s success - driving alignment across our business, creating new operational standards and building the people, process and product needed for the future of Flexport.
We're looking for a Program Manager with this mission. You will be the champion to implement business strategies via leading and managing complex operational projects across multiple function teams, business lines and locations.
- Work with global operations leaders and provide expertise to develop strategies and tactical planning. Design and drive execution through program & project management.
- Works independently and owns program & projects entirely, both in their area and cross-functionally; Sought out as a mentor and known as the “teammate of record” in their subject area
- Shows discretion in delegating tasks and focusing on higher level ; Gives guidance and unblocks others; finds opportunities to mentor and grow teammates
- Lead and collaborate with a team of operations associates and managers, and functional leaders to identify root causes and determine people, process or operational solutions to address them
- Oversee implementation of business measurement, operational guidelines or strategies, and support management reporting through coordination and communication between business teams
- Develop project plan and drive cross-functional team tasks to ensure each project completes on-time, within agreed constraints of resources, scope, quality and risks
- Measure and monitor each project from inception to delivery, including tracking and communicating status, identifying and tracking cross-functional dependencies, proposing options to mitigate risk and drive issues to resolution
- Proactively identifying and removing impediments on behalf of the team or negotiating with stakeholders when the project scope changes.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external team communication, improving transparency, and disseminating information about the project/change.
- Effectively provide updates to stakeholders of key issues that may impact project completion, budget or other results
You should have:
- Bachelor degree or above in business management or related disciplines
- 7+ years of working experience in consulting, business operation or project management, preferably in the logistic or software development industry (or a Master’s degree with 8 year experience; or a PhD with 5 years experience.)
- Knowledge and experience in software development is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to build strong, cohesive relationships with the business, operations, technology and other key stakeholders
- Data driven, strong analytical and logical sense
- Strong attention to detail and proficient problem solving skills.
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
- Willing to embrace and drive changes
- Strong sense of prioritization and ability to execute on deliverables
- Be able to lead and motivate a team
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.