Senior Product Manager, Supply Chain
Flexport, Bellevue, WA or Toronto
Fixing the user experience in global trade.
As a Senior Product Manager on our New Product Development team, you’ll help us build and scale innovative new ecommerce related logistics and supply chain products that simplify logistics for our clients and unlock the true potential of global trade. As part of the Office of the CEO, the New Product Development organization looks across the company, the ecommerce supply chain industry, and customers to find ‘the next big thing’ in global trade - then build it, and if it works, scale it.
You bring strong business judgment and curiosity to a complex domain and strive to make the most intelligent systems in the industry. You see ambiguity as an opportunity to think creatively and execute unconstrained with minimal direction or supervision. You are tenacious and unafraid to tackle big problems that haven’t been solved before. You are tech-aware and know how to build scrappy solutions to prove theories and learn, then scale them with tech. You love to engage and observe customers and use their feedback to inform your roadmap. You are incredibly well-versed at driving alignment across a complex landscape with data and facts, yet open to learn from and teach industry veterans.
- Work closely with our logistics partners and vendors to establish mutually beneficial business relationships and products that make 1+1=3 for our customers.
- Work closely with our Business, Operations, and Technology teams to develop a customer first roadmap to address the needs of our users.
- Become a domain expert, deeply understanding Flexport’s systems and the trade landscape to solve real problems with technology.
- Get your hands dirty with data, developing meaningful business objectives and metrics to measure your team’s progress.
- Write clear, detailed specs and aggressively unblock your team to enable them to execute.
- Be a strong voice for your team, communicating feature releases and managing expectations with stakeholders across the company.
- Work with a global team across San Francisco, Toronto, Shenzhen and Amsterdam.
You should have:
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- Business acumen - you understand the levers of the business, know how to set KPIs, and can methodically ship products that move the needle.
- Technical competence – you understand what it takes to build software systems and can make tradeoff decisions with engineers (you don’t need to be able to code).
- A strong sense of ownership - You drive the success of the business, collaborating effectively across the entire company to resolve dependencies and lift roadblocks. Passion, curiosity, and willingness to face challenges and solve problems.
- Great with data: you can run your own SQL queries and go deep in trying to understand the meaning behind the numbers.
- Embody the startup mindset: driven, bias towards action, move fast, make things happen.
- Great communication - You are able to communicate effectively, write clear product requirements, and drive consensus across functions and teams.
- Empathy for end users - partner with our Design team to craft intuitive workflows that enable our customers to do more and improve their satisfaction.
- Experience scaling in hyper growth mode.
- Bonus: You have worked on a logistics or a SaaS Mid-Market / Enterprise ecommerce or marketplace product
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.