Senior Finance Operations Analyst
specialized in credit analysis
Investing your time with Flexport means keeping pace with a rapidly growing business, learning new skills, and seeking opportunities to fill the gap. We appreciate your contributions to making Flexport an amazing place to work and we encourage upwards or lateral movement and transfers that align with current business needs.
We are on the Credit team and our key accountabilities include: develop long-term customer relationships, minimize credit losses and protect working capital. We're looking for a Senior Finance Operations Analyst who is specialized in credit Analysis; this position will help assess the creditworthiness of new clients and manage risk across our existing portfolio by designing more efficient processes, improving our data, reporting, and analytics. This individual will be responsible for analyzing credit data, financial information, and customers’ payment history to make sound business judgments. The Credit Analyst will also have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with different teams across the organization (Sales, Ops, Credit, Finance, Legal, Customs, etc.) and will assist in several key projects related to credit risk processes, collection and liquidity management.
What you’ll do:
- You will review incoming credit requests, ensure the proper documentation is provided and qualifications met.
- You will assist with credit block releases by following the parameters outlined in our Corporate Credit Policy.
- You will create and maintain internal trackers (e.g. payment plans, credit terms outliers).
- You will be responsible for generating regular credit analysis for management reporting.
- You will proactively monitor AR aging/ past due balance and outline appropriate action items to lower our exposure. When needed, you will loop in Squads to flag high risk clients.
- You will manage the legal letter process for delinquent accounts.
- You will help in documenting our internal policies (Credit, Collections, and Legal policies).
- Work on project specific requirements as assigned by the management.
- You will be responsible for coaching and monitoring junior associates in cash applications and fapiao issuance.
What you’ll need
- 6+ years of experience in AR and Commercial Credit.
- You have a degree in Finance/Accounting and are familiar with financial statements (balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements).
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Proficient and fluent in English.
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to interpret data and present to the key stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- You are proficient in Netsuite, G Suite, Microsoft Excel and SQL/Looker.
- A “compliance first” attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Flexport is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. Shipping something from Shenzhen to Cincinnati or Rotterdam to LA requires complex coordination. Currently that’s done by telephones, spreadsheets, and fax machines. Flexport provides a web-based app that offers real-time visibility of your shipments. And we’re not just a software platform: Our experienced logistics and customs experts are here to help at every step of the way. We offer services in air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehouse & fulfillment, customs brokerage, and cargo insurance. Learn more about our services and request a live demo. Flexport is a freight forwarder for the Internet age. “What we do at Flexport” explains what we mean.
Want to learn more about Flexport? Visit Flexport's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.