Director of Business Insights and Analytics
Flocabulary, Brooklyn, NY
Flocabulary's educational raps and lesson plans engage and increase achievements
Flocabulary is a rapidly growing edtech company that uses music to drive student achievement and foster a love of learning. Students in more than 20,000 schools use our rap songs and interactive learning tools to master academic content. Our product and work reflect our strong belief that a motivated student is a successful student. Flocabulary is seeking a Director of Business Insights who can collaborate across the organization to glean insights from the data and make strategic decisions to help the company grow and succeed.
Who You Are
Building the right thing is as important as building the thing right.
You are well known among your colleagues for your eye for detail and organizational skills. You pick up new things very quickly. Whether you call yourself a technical person or not, you have strong technical literacy and can distill requirements and priorities. You can communicate high level updates for management or zoom down into the details with engineers. You can think strategically about how to improve and automate our systems but are also happy to roll up your sleeves and get dirty with our data sets to retrieve, digest, and communicate insights. You want to make meaningful contributions to an organization committed to making students’ and teachers’ lives better.
Your main function is to deeply understand the data needs across the organization and come up with a unified vision to service our many users in the most impactful way possible. We need you to: 1) identify existing and not yet created tools that can answer problems, 2) increase the capacity across the organization when it comes to utilizing and analyzing data and 3) help our existing team build process and code that can automate data solutions and ensure data integrity.
You’ll partner with the Director of Analytics to implement and maintain these and existing data products, and train the rest of the organization on their use.
Some of the projects you would get to lead:
- Leading a listening tour across the organization to understand the data needs across the org and start building out a suite of self services tools and platforms to address our biggest needs
- Consulting with our engineers to optimize our organization's ability to analyze the data we are collecting from our product
Here are some of the types of questions our organization is trying to answer:
- What metrics should be used to determine success for each team? How can we automate, optimize and communicate those metrics?
- What are things that lead to success among users (purchasing, renewing)? How can we continue to optimize those levels?
- Who are addressable customers we are not reaching out to?
- Why are we churning customers? How can we improve our renewal rate?
We need someone who is always asking:
- What are the most pressing data needs across the organization - the ones that will drive huge impact in terms of revenue, usage, and conversion rates?
- What is the right metric or set of data for the business question at hand? Is this the right business question to ask?
- Why am I really being asked for this data and how can I get it to my stakeholder in the most efficient way?
- Why is delivering this data/ask important to the business how does this request fit into competing priorities?
- How can I create an automated and repeatable solution for each ask?
- Interpret and understand corporate strategy and translate into priorities
- Manage a small but growing team
- Flawless communications across multiple stakeholders
- 5+ years of BI, analytic and quant experience preferably in a tech/product field (+ points if you have held more than one these roles: Product Manager, data engineer, analyst, have experience working with Redshift, MySQL)
- Ability to think critically and analytically
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Fully paid medical, vision, and dental insurance for full time employees and employer contribution toward dependent care
- Company stock options
- Flexible time off and parental leave policies
- Retirement savings plan (401k) with partial company match
- Health & wellness stipend
- Office in Dumbo means easy access to our roofdeck, parks and waterfront with postcard views
Flocabulary is a rapidly growing edtech company that uses music to drive student achievement and foster a love of learning. Students in more than 20,000 schools use our rap songs and interactive learning tools to master academic content. Our product and work reflect our strong belief that a motivated student is a successful student.
Want to learn more about Flocabulary? Visit Flocabulary's website.
62 Active Jobs
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.