What you'll do
- Apply a high degree of independent judgment and creativity to analyze, interpret and lead the management of statewide facility and equipment maintenance plans as well as resolve issues as they occur
- Work with a highly collaborative mindset side by side with department heads to build maintenance and facilities schedules, ensuring that all locations are maintained and productively suitable for our employees to work
- Oversee the implementation of a comprehensive preventative facility and equipment maintenance program as well as monitor system performance
- Utilize spreadsheets and a variety of other computer software to organize and track budgets, cost estimates, parts inventory, maintenance, and SOP documentation as well as other data related to facilities maintenance, operations, equipment, supplies, contractors, and vendors
- Oversee repair, maintenance, installation, and small construction projects for statewide facilities
- Prepare regular facility and equipment maintenance reports including forecasting and asset management logs utilizing data trends across campuses
- Recommend, oversee and report out on cost and environmental impact reduction strategies throughout all facilities
- Work with outside contractors as necessary to meet business needs; solicit and review bids and quotes from vendors
- Oversee and supervise maintenance personnel; provide leadership, coaching, and direction
- Assess and prioritize projects and assign personnel accordingly
- Participate in safety committee meetings and collaborate on solutions to continuously improve the safety of our work environment
What you'll need
- 8+ years’ experience working in warehouse facilities, hospitality, corporate services, labs, or similar facilities in a maintenance management capacity.
- BA/BS degree preferred; will consider equivalent practical experience in lieu of degree
- Comprehensive and progressive experience in managing multiple locations with a strong understanding of building systems (e.g. HVAC, electrical, fire safety, IT and security systems)
- Excellent computer skills including Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and including comfortability with various databases, spreadsheets, and calendar management.
- Strong experience working with 3rd party vendors, bid solicitations, and contract negotiations
- Strong data-driven mindset; excellent analytical, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership and people management skills and experience
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a changing, fast-paced startup environment
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions and thrives in a complex environment
- Extremely proactive, responsive, and upbeat with strong organizational skills
- LEED GA, LEED AP O&M or similar green building qualification or experience
- Experience implementing environmentally responsible programs to reduce energy, water, and waste within the built environment
- Professional designations with BOMA, IREM or similar real estate organization
- Experience creating and implementing SOPs
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time to various locations throughout CA
About Flow Kana
We pride ourselves on being the first sustainable, sun-grown cannabis brand to represent two of California's most special micro-climates and their small farmer ecosystems. We partner with, and give scale to, premier artisan farmers in Mendocino County and Southern Humboldt who focus on small batch, boutique strains. Our products are available throughout the Golden State.
Want to learn more about Flow Kana? Visit Flow Kana's website.
File hosting service