MariaDB/MySQL Database Administrator
Flow Traders, New York
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.
Flow Traders is looking for an experienced Database Administrator (MariaDB/MySQL) in New York to join our growing global team of in-house database experts. The ideal candidate is In this role, you will be working across global teams on the setup, management and continuous evolution of a global database landscape constituting one of the cornerstones of our operations. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
As a MariaDB/MySQL DBA, you will perform a variety of business-critical tasks, such as deployment of new databases; management of security accounts and implementation of database alterations, upgrades, and migrations. Further, you will be involved in more complex initiatives, including design, development, and deployment of new storage projects; maintenance and troubleshooting of global replication topologies; and management of high-pressure recovery situations.
What You Will Do
- Perform operational maintenance of the global database landscape
- Design, deploy and manage databases and data stores
- Design and implement highly-available, scalable database systems
- Design, implement and test backup, restore and archive plans
- Monitor and optimize databases, data stores and data models
What You Need to Succeed
- Experience managing a global database landscape
- Hands-on, in-depth experience with MariaDB (especially knowledge of InnoDB)
- Proficiency with the Linux command line, systems administration, and shell scripting
- Understanding of replication mechanisms and backup/restore/archival methods
- Results-driven, highly analytical, problem-solving mindset
- Ability to effectively collaborate across teams and global offices
- Familiarity with one or more of the following:
- Non-structured data stores
- Cloud-based MySQL/MariaDB/PostgreSQL services on AWS/GCP
- SQL Server >= 2014 Enterprise
- Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM)
- Master High Availability (MHA)
- Galera Cluster
- MariaDB audit plugin
- ANSI SQL and T/SQL stored procedures
- Submit your resume
- Phone Interview with our Recruitment Team
- Video Interviews with our Technology Team
*Please note that the recruitment process will take place virtually and this position will start remotely due to COVID.
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary bonus and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance coverage
- 401k plan with generous match
- In-house lounge with a bar, game consoles, poker & billiards tables
- Daily catered lunch, cold brew coffee on tap and a fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly table massages and bi-weekly haircuts
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Reimbursed gym membership or home equipment and other wellness initiatives
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend industry seminars and conferences
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- and more!
Flow Traders does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Flow Traders via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Flow Traders without any restrictions and no placement fee of any kind will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Flow Traders.
About Flow Traders
Flow Traders is a leading global technology-enabled liquidity provider specializing in exchange traded products (ETPs) and now expanding into other asset classes, such as FX, Fixed Income and Cryptocurrency. Our ambition is to become a one-stop shop liquidity platform in the financial markets globally. Supported by our proprietary technology platform, we provide liquidity in financial products that help contribute to more efficient markets.
Be a Better Flow Traders Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flow Traders when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flow Traders? Visit Flow Traders's website.
The leading leasing, marketing, and asset management platform taking commercial real estate businesses online.