Quality Assurance Engineer (Python)
Flow Traders, New York
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.
Flow Traders is looking for an experienced QA Engineer (Python) to join our growing development team in New York. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm which prioritizes creativity and innovation. We value quick-witted, future-focused minds, while challenging them and providing the resources to achieve their maximum potential.
QA Engineers at Flow Traders are embedded into product teams - these teams employ agile development practices, and are responsible for the development and performance of particular sets of applications. Therefore, this role requires strong collaboration and communication skills, and is primarily responsible for accelerating development while enhancing reliability.
Specifically, QA Engineers develop frameworks and strategies for unit, functional, integration, and performance test automation; integrate these frameworks into our CI/CD pipelines; and manage testing environments. They work closely with Software Engineers in order to do so, and participate in all stages of the development process. Further, they work directly with stakeholders to align team direction with business needs and gather feedback. Successful engineers will focus heavily on automation, feedback, and integration with our CI/CD pipelines, and will have the opportunity to work on critical projects with high-visibility impact on business performance.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with development and IT to understand the company's technology landscape
- Cooperate with stakeholders to understand business goals and collect user feedback
- Maintain and improve test environments which effectively mimic production usage
- Research and integrate new CI/CD technologies and methodologies (focusing on test automation)
- Develop and execute application and system test strategies (in conjunction with Software Engineers)
- Continuously analyze Flow’s SDLC, identifying and proposing improvements
What You Will Need to Succeed
- 3+ years of working experience in the testing/QA phases of the SDLC
- University Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math, with Computer Science or related fields, strongly preferred
- Strong proficiency with Python and test automation frameworks
- Proficiency with Linux/Unix environments and automated CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of C++, databases, and networking (proficiency and experience is a plus)
- Ability to prioritize and multitask efficiently while maintaining extreme attention-to-detail
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, with a track record of thriving in team setting
- Complete our Hackerrank and behavioral traits assessments
- Behavioral Interview with HR
- Technical Interviews with our global QA Team
- Final Interviews with our Heads of Technology and QA
Where permitted by applicable law, all new hires as of August 15, 2021 will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Accommodations related to this requirement will be available for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary profit share and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance coverage
- 401k plan with generous match
- In-house lounge with a bar, game consoles, poker & billiards tables
- Daily catered lunch, cold brew coffee on tap and a fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly table massages and bi-weekly haircuts
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Reimbursed gym membership or home equipment and other wellness initiatives
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend industry seminars and conferences
- and more!
Flow Traders does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Flow Traders via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Flow Traders without any restrictions and no placement fee of any kind will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Flow Traders.
About Flow Traders
Flow Traders is a leading global technology-enabled liquidity provider specializing in exchange traded products (ETPs) and now expanding into other asset classes, such as FX, Fixed Income and Cryptocurrency. Our ambition is to become a one-stop shop liquidity platform in the financial markets globally. Supported by our proprietary technology platform, we provide liquidity in financial products that help contribute to more efficient markets.
Be a Better Flow Traders Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flow Traders when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flow Traders? Visit Flow Traders's website.
Help the world share their story