Trading Project Manager
Flow Traders, New York
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.
Flow Traders is looking for a Trading Project Manager to join our growing Business Development team in New York. The ideal candidate will be able to leverage their experience within the trading industry and knowledge of trading operations, processes and systems landscape to effectively collaborate across different departments. This is a unique opportunity to work directly with our Heads of Trading to enrich our existing revenue streams and explore new opportunities in a trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities.
As a Trading Project Manager, you will collaborate closely with trading desks and key stakeholders on new business initiatives and drive the execution of business plans to support the overall growth of the firm. This will involve heavy project management and data driven approaches to understand the markets we operate in, the performance of our business and the future opportunities we seek to achieve.
What You Will Do
- Conduct market research to understand the market structure we operate in and create tangible action items for new business initiatives and business plans
- Identify potential opportunities to enhance current trading operations or start new ventures
- Manage the complete project life cycle from idea generation through implementation and performance measurement, including the formulation and execution of business plans, trading desk plans and KPI reporting
- Collaborate with Heads of Trading and trading desks to create data driven insight into desk plans and trading desk performance
- Drive execution and maintain consistent follow up with key stakeholders to ensure progress towards the monthly goals of business plans
- Facilitate monthly desk meetings with trading desks, preparing and reporting on progress
- Identify and resolve any roadblocks or challenges that may inhibit trading capabilities or achieving program goals
- Manage relationships with exchanges, trading platforms and vendors
- Stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends and regulations
What You Need to Succeed
- 3+ years of relevant experience within FinTech or capital markets at a trading firm, trading venue, exchange, ETF issuer or related
- Thorough understanding of trading business operations, processes and systems landscape
- Eager to learn and understand the market structure in which we operate
- Ability to interact well with various personality types and cultivate buy-in from multiple departments
- Ability to manage several ongoing projects simultaneously and work under tight deadlines
- Effective organizational, planning and time management skills with a high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability and desire to identify challenges and suggest improvements in a fast paced and collaborative environment
- Possess a strong sense of ownership and takes pride in work and contributions to company’s success
- Submit your resume with a short paragraph on your motivation and interest to pursue this role
- Phone Interview with HR
- Video Interviews with Business Development Team
- Case Study Exercise
- Final Interview with Head of Trading and Managing Director
*Please note that the recruitment process will take place virtually and this position will start remotely due to COVID.
What We Offer
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary bonus and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance coverage
- 401k plan with generous match
- In-house lounge with a bar, game consoles, poker & billiards tables
- Daily catered lunch, cold brew coffee on tap and a fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly table massages and bi-weekly haircuts
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Reimbursed gym membership or home equipment and other wellness initiatives
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend industry seminars and conferences
- and more!
Flow Traders does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Flow Traders via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Flow Traders without any restrictions and no placement fee of any kind will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Flow Traders.
About Flow Traders
Flow Traders is a leading global technology-enabled liquidity provider specializing in exchange traded products (ETPs) and now expanding into other asset classes, such as FX, Fixed Income and Cryptocurrency. Our ambition is to become a one-stop shop liquidity platform in the financial markets globally. Supported by our proprietary technology platform, we provide liquidity in financial products that help contribute to more efficient markets.
Be a Better Flow Traders Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flow Traders when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flow Traders? Visit Flow Traders's website.
See jobs at Bluecore