Distributed Systems Engineer
Flow Traders, New York
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.
Flow Traders is looking for a Distributed Systems Engineer to join our growing Technology team in New York. The ideal candidate possesses a methodical sense of ownership and a passion for building and improving large scale systems. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities.
As a Distributed Systems Engineer at Flow Traders, you will manage the uptime, maintenance, security and monitoring of our distributed and cloud-native technology stack, specifically Kafka, Cloudera, Hadoop and Kubernetes. A typical day for a Distributed Systems Engineer is a blend of short cycle maintenance and ongoing development and engineering work, with a focus on optimizing the Continuous Delivery infrastructure, by monitoring and improving the performance, scalability and efficiency of our systems.
What You Will Do
- Analyze and understand our domain to design and build fault-tolerant high-performance systems in a hybrid cloud and on-prem setup
- Drive operational excellence by building, monitoring and supporting distributed systems, including our Kafka and Cloudera/Hadoop infrastructure
- Deploy and maintain containerized applications using Kubernetes and Docker
- Drive deployment automation and improve our CI/CD pipeline
- Work closely with other Technology teams to ensure reliability and scalability of our infrastructure
What You Need to Succeed
- 3+ years hands on working experience in a complex Linux infrastructure environment with in-depth knowledge of Debian Linux and CentOS and exposure to Active Directory, LDAP and Kerberos
- Extensive experience working with Kafka, Kubernetes, Hadoop, Spark, Elastic Search, and Cloudera
- Familiarity with Terraform and AWS or GCP, and hands-on working experience in a hybrid (cloud/on-premise) environment
- Orchestration and automation experience with a configuration management system, preferably Puppet and Ansible
- Experience working with CI/CD setups
- Solid working knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, switching, and multicast
- Excellent scripting skills in Python, Bash, Ruby
- Ability to work with version control systems, preferably git
- Effective communicator across technical and non-technical teams
- Methodical sense of ownership, time management and prioritization
- Submit your resume
- Behavioral interview with HR
- Meet members of the Technology team in New York and Amsterdam
- Final Round Interview with our Head of Technology and Head of IT
*Please note that the recruitment process will take place virtually and this position will start remotely due to COVID.
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary bonus and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance coverage
- 401k plan with generous match
- In-house lounge with a bar, game consoles, poker & billiards tables
- Daily catered lunch, cold brew coffee on tap and a fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly table massages and bi-weekly haircuts
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Reimbursed gym membership or home equipment and other wellness initiatives
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend industry seminars and conferences
- and more!
Flow Traders does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Flow Traders via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Flow Traders without any restrictions and no placement fee of any kind will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Flow Traders.
About Flow Traders
Flow Traders is a leading global technology-enabled liquidity provider specializing in exchange traded products (ETPs) and now expanding into other asset classes, such as FX, Fixed Income and Cryptocurrency. Our ambition is to become a one-stop shop liquidity platform in the financial markets globally. Supported by our proprietary technology platform, we provide liquidity in financial products that help contribute to more efficient markets.
Be a Better Flow Traders Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flow Traders when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flow Traders? Visit Flow Traders's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one