Jr. DevOps Engineer
Flow Traders, New York
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.
Level: Entry Level
Flow Traders is looking for Trading DevOps Engineers to join our growing Trading Support Desk in New York. The ideal candidate is a motivated individual with an interest in financial markets and an entrepreneurial mindset. You are able to operate in a dynamic trading environment, where complex challenges require innovative solutions. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities.
As a member of our Trading Support Desk, you will provide hands-on support to our traders to safeguard the performance and stability of our proprietary trading systems. To do this, you will collaborate with highly skilled and motivated colleagues such as Traders, Developers and System Engineers. Additionally, you will participate in projects to continuously improve our application and monitoring landscape and monitor trends within your area of expertise to capitalize on opportunities for using new technologies. In this role, you will have full ownership of technical related issues for our in house trading applications and your actions will directly contribute to the profit and loss of the company. To be successful, you will be required to have experience with scripting, affinity for the Linux environment and a development mindset.
What You Will Do
- Respond quickly to any technical related issues for in house trading applications, with a strong sense of urgency and customer focus
- Optimize our trading application infrastructure by improving existing automation tools and developing new ones
- Write code to improve tech stack and systems for managing, monitoring and configuring Flow’s infrastructure
- Analyze or escalate exchange related issues directly with exchanges or brokers
- Implement new exchange connections, while enhancing existing connectivity
- Monitor and document trading applications and IT infrastructure components
- Collaborate with developers to design new and improved in house applications
What You Need to Succeed
- 1 to 3 years of professional working experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Proficiency with scripting languages Python and Bash
- Basic Networking related skills (multicast, TCP, routing)
- Knowledge of technologies such as Kafka, Kubernetes, HDFS is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, with a service minded attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- A hands-on mentality, self-starter and entrepreneurial mind-set
- Interested in the dynamics of financial markets
- Submit your resume
- Behavioral interview with HR
- Coding challenge via Hackerrank
- Technical interview with members of the Trading Support Desk
- Final round interview with our Head of IT
*Please note that the recruitment process will take place virtually due to COVID, but this position will be required to report in-person at our New York office.
What We Offer
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary bonus and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance coverage
- 401k plan with generous match
- In-house lounge with a bar, game consoles, poker & billiards tables
- Daily catered lunch, cold brew coffee on tap and a fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly table massages and bi-weekly haircuts
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Reimbursed gym membership or home equipment and other wellness initiatives
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend industry seminars and conferences
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- and more!
Flow Traders does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Flow Traders via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Flow Traders without any restrictions and no placement fee of any kind will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Flow Traders.
About Flow Traders
Flow Traders is a leading global technology-enabled liquidity provider specializing in exchange traded products (ETPs) and now expanding into other asset classes, such as FX, Fixed Income and Cryptocurrency. Our ambition is to become a one-stop shop liquidity platform in the financial markets globally. Supported by our proprietary technology platform, we provide liquidity in financial products that help contribute to more efficient markets.
Be a Better Flow Traders Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flow Traders when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flow Traders? Visit Flow Traders's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.