Flow Traders, New York
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.
Flow Traders is looking for an Operations Analyst to join our growing Risk Management and Operations Team (RMO) in New York. The ideal candidate possesses strong attention to detail and the drive to innovate and automate. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities.
The Risk Management and Operations Team (RMO) at Flow Traders provides support during the life cycle of a trade, creates reconciliations, develops reporting, manages capital, and analyzes operational risk. RMO continuously seeks opportunities to improve its systems and methods, develop new ways to monitor and track data, and increase transparency by capturing and communicating the risks and performance of trading operations. RMO obtains knowledge about procedures and processes and actively shares knowledge of new developments within the global organization.
What You Will Do
- Trade matching, booking and fail reconciliation
- Position/PNL/cost reconciliation
- Manage counterparty onboarding and account settlements
- Limit setting and limit management
- Developing new Operational and Risk Management tools
- Liaising with Trading, IT and Compliance to solve problems and create solutions
- Ad-hoc projects
What You Need to Succeed
- 2 to 5 years of experience in Financial Operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Math, Computer Science or related
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and VBA
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience with Python, and/or C#, preferred
- Detail oriented and eager to find and address the root cause of issues
- Ability to work independently and responsibly within company policies and guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to develop or build scalable process improvements
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to assess complex situations quickly under pressure
- Affinity for trading and markets
- A proactive and flexible personality
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Series 7 or 99, a plus
- Submit your resume.
- Phone Interview with our Recruitment Team
- Video Interviews with our Risk Management and Operations Team
*Please note that the recruitment process will take place virtually and this position will start remotely due to COVID.
What We Offer
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary bonus and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance coverage
- 401k plan with generous match
- In-house lounge with a bar, game consoles, poker & billiards tables
- Daily catered lunch, cold brew coffee on tap and a fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly table massages and bi-weekly haircuts
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Reimbursed gym membership or home equipment and other wellness initiatives
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend industry seminars and conferences
- and more!
Flow Traders does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Flow Traders via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Flow Traders without any restrictions and no placement fee of any kind will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Flow Traders.
About Flow Traders
Flow Traders is a leading global technology-enabled liquidity provider specializing in exchange traded products (ETPs) and now expanding into other asset classes, such as FX, Fixed Income and Cryptocurrency. Our ambition is to become a one-stop shop liquidity platform in the financial markets globally. Supported by our proprietary technology platform, we provide liquidity in financial products that help contribute to more efficient markets.
Be a Better Flow Traders Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flow Traders when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flow Traders? Visit Flow Traders's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos