Data Center Engineer
Flow Traders, New York
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.
Flow Traders is looking for a Data Center Engineer to join our growing Technology team in New York. The ideal candidate takes a methodical approach to their work and likes to be hands on. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
The Data Center Engineer will be responsible for managing Flow Traders’ US trading colocations and enterprise data centers. They will report directly to the Head of IT and liaise closely with the Networking and Systems teams to maintain our state-of-the-art proprietary trading infrastructure.
What You Will Do
- Orchestrate planning, scheduling, execution and maintenance of all data center work for Flow Traders US
- Oversee organization, documentation, security, cleanliness and inventory in all colocations
- Design and maintain cabling and cable management methodologies and rack elevation documentation
- Rack and cable servers and network devices
- Image, configure and troubleshoot Linux systems
- Plan and monitor power consumption and PDUs
- Plan for hardware failures and maintains efficient spare inventory
- Manage security access to colocations for vendors and Flow personnel
- Facilitate the logistics of transporting hardware to and from the data centers
- Communicate with and coordinates Smart Hands services
- Troubleshoot network and systems issues within datacenter in coordination with other IT teams
- Assist with procurement and RMA of hardware/software
- Travel frequently to data center locations in NY/NJ/Chicago
- Be available for change work to be conducted outside of market hours, at night or on weekends
What You Will Need to Succeed
- One to three years of experience working in a data center environment
- Exceptional organizational skills; methodical thinker
- Ambitious and can-do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization and external vendors
- Ability to work outside market hours on a relatively frequent basis
- Ability to manage complex situations during off management hours and an understanding of when to escalate
- Ability to lift and carry servers ranging from 75 lbs
- Active driver’s license, a plus
- Submit your resume for review.
- Behavioral interview with Recruitment.
- Meet members of the FTUS Technology Team, including the Head of IT.
*Please note that the recruitment process will take place virtually and this position will start remotely due to COVID.
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary bonus and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance coverage
- 401k plan with generous match
- In-house lounge with a bar, game consoles, poker & billiards tables
- Daily catered lunch, cold brew coffee on tap and a fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly table massages and bi-weekly haircuts
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Reimbursed gym membership or home equipment and other wellness initiatives
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend industry seminars and conferences
- and more!
Flow Traders does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Flow Traders via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Flow Traders without any restrictions and no placement fee of any kind will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Flow Traders.
About Flow Traders
Flow Traders is a leading global technology-enabled liquidity provider specializing in exchange traded products (ETPs) and now expanding into other asset classes, such as FX, Fixed Income and Cryptocurrency. Our ambition is to become a one-stop shop liquidity platform in the financial markets globally. Supported by our proprietary technology platform, we provide liquidity in financial products that help contribute to more efficient markets.
Be a Better Flow Traders Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flow Traders when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flow Traders? Visit Flow Traders's website.
The social news and entertainment company.