Flow Traders, New York
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.
Flow Traders is looking for an experienced Quantitative Researcher to join our growing Trading team in New York. The ideal candidate is analytically curious and seeks to provide their quantitative expertise to our equities trading desks. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities.
On a daily basis, Quantitative Researchers work alongside Traders and the global Quantitative Research team on state of the art trading solutions and apply cutting-edge machine learning techniques to optimize trading strategies. The ideal candidate must be an expert in mathematics and statistics, loves to work with numbers and has significant programming experience. You should have an innate desire to generate and back test new trading ideas, with generation of alpha and automated strategies as ultimate output goals. If you have the passion to solve and code mathematical problems, while having a direct impact on the business, then this opportunity is for you.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with Traders and Quantitative Researchers to build, test and optimize current trading models and create new and improved trading strategies
- Research and analyze large financial datasets to find exploitable patterns
- Design and implement complex quantitative models
What You Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant STEM field
- Minimum of 3 years professional working experience
- Highly proficient in Python, SQL
- Experience with JAVA and/or C ++ (or similar)
- Experience with machine learning algorithms
- Exposure to Spark, Hive, Cloud Computing or Distributed Data, a plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to easily manipulate large datasets
- Strong mathematical and statistical modeling skills
- Logical, independent thinker who proactively seeks creative solutions to complex problems
- Structured communicator with ability to translate ideas and theories into action
- An ambitious and intellectually curious mentality
- Ability to take ownership and deliver under pressure
- Thrives in a competitive but team oriented environment
- Submit your resume and a motivational cover letter
- Behavioral phone interview with Recruitment
- Quantitative problem solving & mathematical assessments with the Quant Teams in New York & Amsterdam
- Python Coding Assessment
- Final interview with our Head of Trading
*Please note that the recruitment process will take place virtually and this position will start remotely due to COVID.
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary bonus and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance coverage
- 401k plan with generous match
- In-house lounge with a bar, game consoles, poker & billiards tables
- Daily catered lunch, cold brew coffee on tap and a fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly table massages and bi-weekly haircuts
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Reimbursed gym membership or home equipment and other wellness initiatives
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend industry seminars and conferences
- and more!
Flow Traders does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Flow Traders via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Flow Traders without any restrictions and no placement fee of any kind will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Flow Traders.
About Flow Traders
Flow Traders is a leading global technology-enabled liquidity provider specializing in exchange traded products (ETPs) and now expanding into other asset classes, such as FX, Fixed Income and Cryptocurrency. Our ambition is to become a one-stop shop liquidity platform in the financial markets globally. Supported by our proprietary technology platform, we provide liquidity in financial products that help contribute to more efficient markets.
Be a Better Flow Traders Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flow Traders when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flow Traders? Visit Flow Traders's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.