Flow Traders, New York
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.
Flow Traders is looking for an experienced ETF Trader to join the Equities Trading team in our New York office. The ideal candidate has trading experience at a proprietary trading firm or market maker, possesses a strong quantitative background and focuses on leveraging technology to drive profitable results. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities.
As an ETF Trader at Flow Traders, you will report to the Head of Equities Trading and be part of a highly collaborative team that seeks to be a leading market maker in the US Markets. In this role, you will be tasked with executing successful strategies that will increase the overall profitability of our business as part of Flow Traders’ strategic growth plan.
What You Will Do
- Generate and implement innovative and profitable trading strategies that will increase our presence and profitability in the US markets both on and off-screen
- Manage and optimize your intraday trading positions together with your team
- Collaborate with Quantitative Researchers to improve quantitative pricing models and ordering algorithms
- Focus on technical improvements on the desk while also automating various daily processes
What You Need to Succeed
- University degree, preferably in Finance, Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics or related
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience market making at a prop trading firm
- A deep understanding of the US equity markets
- Excellent quantitative problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Python and/or SQL, highly desired
- A distinct aptitude for spotting arising opportunities and the assertiveness to seize them
- Competitive, entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to deliver under pressure
- Submit your resume and a few sentences around your motivation to purse this opportunity.
- Phone interview with Recruitment Team
- Technical interview with Trading Team
- Final interview with FTUS Head of Trading and Managing Director
Where permitted by applicable law, all new hires as of August 15, 2021 will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Accommodations related to this requirement will be available for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
What We Offer
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary profit share and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance coverage
- 401k plan with generous match
- In-house lounge with a bar, game consoles, poker & billiards tables
- Daily catered lunch, cold brew coffee on tap and a fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly table massages and bi-weekly haircuts
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Reimbursed gym membership or home equipment and other wellness initiatives
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend industry seminars and conferences
- and more!
Flow Traders does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Flow Traders via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Flow Traders without any restrictions and no placement fee of any kind will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Flow Traders.
About Flow Traders
Flow Traders is a leading global technology-enabled liquidity provider specializing in exchange traded products (ETPs) and now expanding into other asset classes, such as FX, Fixed Income and Cryptocurrency. Our ambition is to become a one-stop shop liquidity platform in the financial markets globally. Supported by our proprietary technology platform, we provide liquidity in financial products that help contribute to more efficient markets.
Be a Better Flow Traders Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flow Traders when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flow Traders? Visit Flow Traders's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Tech Jobs For You
Supply Chain & Operations, Integrated Planning and Fulfillment...
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA