Accounting and Tax Analyst
Flow Traders, New York
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.
Flow Traders is looking for a junior Accounting and Tax Analyst to join our Finance team in New York. The ideal candidate possesses both a strong attention to detail and the intellectual curiosity to question discrepancies and take the initiative to resolve them. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities.
The Finance Team at Flow Traders continuously seeks opportunities to improve its systems and methods, develop new ways to monitor and track data, and increase transparency by capturing and communicating the firm’s costs to management. In addition to booking entries to the general ledger, managing accounts payable and receivable, generating financial reports, and considering areas for optimization, the Finance Team stays up to date about new regulations and accounting standards and actively shares knowledge of new developments within the global organization.
What You Will Do
- Book journal entries to the general ledger
- Manage accounts payable and receivable
- Reconcile bank accounts and costs
- Close the general ledger on a monthly basis in a timely fashion
- Assist in preparing tax and regulatory filings
- Analyze and help drive tax strategy
- Liaise with internal and external parties to complete audits
- Complete ad-hoc reporting, requests, and projects
What You Need to Succeed
- 2 to 4 years of related experience in a corporate setting; a background in tax, a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel Skills; familiarity with SQL, a plus
- Analytical mindset with a critical and keen attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity to question discrepancies and take initiative to resolve them
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, while multi-tasking and managing multiple priorities
- Ability to handle confidential material with the utmost care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Submit your resume.
- Phone Interview with our Recruitment Team
- Video Interview with our Finance Team
- Final Interview with Head of Finance
Where permitted by applicable law, all new hires as of August 15, 2021 will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Accommodations related to this requirement will be available for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
What We Offer
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary profit share and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance coverage
- 401k plan with generous match
- In-house lounge with a bar, game consoles, poker & billiards tables
- Daily catered lunch, cold brew coffee on tap and a fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly table massages and bi-weekly haircuts
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Reimbursed gym membership or home equipment and other wellness initiatives
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend industry seminars and conferences
- and more!
Flow Traders does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Flow Traders via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Flow Traders without any restrictions and no placement fee of any kind will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Flow Traders.
About Flow Traders
Flow Traders is a leading global technology-enabled liquidity provider specializing in exchange traded products (ETPs) and now expanding into other asset classes, such as FX, Fixed Income and Cryptocurrency. Our ambition is to become a one-stop shop liquidity platform in the financial markets globally. Supported by our proprietary technology platform, we provide liquidity in financial products that help contribute to more efficient markets.
Be a Better Flow Traders Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flow Traders when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flow Traders? Visit Flow Traders's website.
Using digital technology to transform the physical world