Technical Support Engineer
Flow Traders, Hong Kong
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.
Flow Traders is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our Hong Kong team. The ideal candidate is motivated, proactive, and service oriented. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
The Technical Support Engineer position is part of the IT infrastructure team and acts as the first line of IT support for the business by responding to incidents and user’s technology request. The engineer troubleshoots and resolves issues or escalates to other members of the technology team when they cannot resolve the issue themselves. They also conduct any hands-on work required in the datacenter by other IT teams such as patching or racking of IT equipment.
What You Will Do
- Act as primary IT support person to Hong Kong based users for non-trading related issues. Work with Singapore based technical support Engineer to load balance as required.
- Install, Configure and Maintain Windows and Linux desktop computers
- Configuration and troubleshooting of PC’s, laptops, printers, and other peripherals.
- Stay updated with the newest technologies available, assess and advise on new technologies that can improve the user experience for Flow Trader users.
- Support the IT team with ad-hoc activities including desk moves, office relocations, etc.
- Act as primary hands-on person to conduct activities such as racking of IT equipment and patching in external and office-based datacentres in Hong Kong as required by other IT teams.
What You Need to Succeed
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a similar IT support role
- A Diploma in IT / Computing from an institute of Technical Education or Polytechnic
- Experience supporting users in a windows-based environment and installing IT equipment in external datacentres
- Basic networking knowledge is beneficial
- Creative when it comes to finding solutions for technical issues
- Strong communication skills to interact with a large user group
- Submit your resume and motivation letter.
- Speak with our Recruiter
- Meet members of our Technology Team
- Meet with members of our APAC Executive Team
Flow Traders does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Flow Traders via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Flow Traders without any restrictions and no placement fee of any kind will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Flow Traders.
About Flow Traders
Flow Traders is a leading global technology-enabled liquidity provider specializing in exchange traded products (ETPs) and now expanding into other asset classes, such as FX, Fixed Income and Cryptocurrency. Our ambition is to become a one-stop shop liquidity platform in the financial markets globally. Supported by our proprietary technology platform, we provide liquidity in financial products that help contribute to more efficient markets.
Be a Better Flow Traders Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flow Traders when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flow Traders? Visit Flow Traders's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.