Senior HR Business Partner
Flow Traders, Amsterdam
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.
We are looking for a Senior HR Business Partner for our Amsterdam-based HR team. In this strategic role, you will build trusted partnerships with managers and their teams and you will provide proactive support and consultation to deliver people initiatives that drive business results.
This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
About the team
Our HR team comprises 8 colleagues: 3 HR Business Partners, 3 HR Generalists, an HR Project Manager and the HR Team Lead. We also have local HR colleagues in our international offices, and all HR Team Leads report into the Global Head of HR and Recruitment, who is based in Amsterdam. As Flow Traders has differentiated themselves from competitors through a very employee-centric company culture, the HR department has a crucial role in maintaining this aspect and taking it to the next level. The team focuses on the operational part of HR, but also on various projects concerning employee motivation, satisfaction and retention.
What you will do
- Deliver HR-related strategic inside to the business
- Coach and guide managers on all employee-related topics such as: talent development, performance management practices and conversations, engagement and absence management, sick leave, HR data reporting, etc.
- Handle all employee-relation scenarios: independently completing the inquiries, coming up with solutions, counseling Management and/or employees and facilitating timely resolutions
- Drive the successful execution of HR initiatives within established timelines, ensuring consistent application across the organization, and identifying areas of improvement
- Analyze and interpret workforce metrics on a regular and ad hoc basis with a focus on continuous process improvement
What you need to succeed
- University Degree in HRM, Business Administration or similar
- 6+ years of working experience as Senior HRBP / HR Manager (ideally in an international environment)
- Fluent in Dutch and English (Business Level of speaking and writing in both)
- In-depth knowledge of, and experience with, Dutch Labour Law and legal requirements
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and solid working experience with HR systems; general aptitude to learn new systems
- A passion for engaging and empowering employees at all levels
- A strong sense of urgency and the ability to organize and prioritize multiple competing tasks, with a focus on results and a pleasant employee experience
- The ability to challenge the status quo to drive the businesses forward
- The ability to understand and translate function strategy and objectives into talent and culture actions and develop clear steps for the Management to execute upon
- A wish to motivate others and positively influence work behaviors
- Strong analytical and numeric skills; able to synthesize data to net out the key points
- The availability to work full-time (40 hours per week)
Ambition for 2022 and beyond
We have experienced significant growth in terms of people, geographies, and financial performance since it was formed in 2004. A key part of this has been the diversification of our product offering, which most recently saw us move into digital assets and fixed income. We have also continued to onboard additional counterparties to our fast-growing network, and going forward, will further expand our trading capabilities and infrastructure. In the coming years we will focus on hiring some of the brightest talent in the sector, helping us expand our footprint as a key player in the global financial market ecosystem.
At Flow Traders our entrepreneurial culture puts you in the driving seat of your own career, offering you the opportunity to create your own, unique path in the fast-moving world of global financial markets. And while we give you the freedom and support to develop internally, our team-oriented philosophy means your contributions to the company will be recognized and rewarded.
What we offer
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer a competitive salary, an annual discretionary profit share and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend domain-related conferences
- Our own company boat
- In-house gym and sessions with our nutritionist or personal trainer
- In-house Bar and Lounge with an arcade, table tennis, billiards table and game consoles
- Daily catered lunch, amazing coffee and a fully stocked kitchen and snack bar
- Weekly chair massages
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- and more!
Flow Traders does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Flow Traders via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Flow Traders without any restrictions and no placement fee of any kind will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Flow Traders.
About Flow Traders
Flow Traders is a leading global technology-enabled liquidity provider specializing in exchange traded products (ETPs) and now expanding into other asset classes, such as FX, Fixed Income and Cryptocurrency. Our ambition is to become a one-stop shop liquidity platform in the financial markets globally. Supported by our proprietary technology platform, we provide liquidity in financial products that help contribute to more efficient markets.
Be a Better Flow Traders Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Flow Traders when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Flow Traders? Visit Flow Traders's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.