AWS Solutions Architect
Are you an experienced Solutions Architect (SA) with a passion for technology and learning, and a desire to work remotely as part of an award-winning AWS Premier Consulting Firm? If so, we would love to share our story with you!
We live and die by our Core Values which are Humility, Innovation, and Transparency, and we treat each other with respect and empathy. We believe in continuous improvement, and learning from our mistakes. We are an agile community and utilize Scrum to help identify blockers and get our work accomplished collectively. Our ideal candidate lives by these values and is eager to work in a collaborative, challenging, and fully remote environment (we also like to have some fun!)
We are ranked #906 on the 2018 Inc Top 5000 Nation’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies and hiring the top tech talent is key to our success.
Job Purpose: The Solution Architect (SA) works with stakeholders and customer teams along the project timeline to support a defined business outcome. Keeping project scope in mind, the SA must understand and determine gaps between client requirements and technical functionality, and collaborate with all stakeholders to generate mutually agreeable and advantageous solutions. The Solution Architect plays a key role in ensuring a smooth project execution and successful implementation.
Solution Architects help serve in 3 phases of the customer journey:
- During the pre-sales phase, the SA works with the Sales team to understand the customer requirements, present Flux7 abilities and propose a SOW
- During the assessment phase, the SA leads a 2-week assessment to define a high-level roadmap and translate the requirements into Epics and User Stories
- During the implementation phase, the SA acts as Product Owner working with the DevOps Engineers, Technical Writers, and Scrum Master to implement a successful project aligned with the customer expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acts as the primary technical contact for all sales cycles and provides expertise to remove project roadblocks
- Conducts Well Architected Reviews and audit customer AWS Accounts
- Participate in the SOW creation process along with the Sales team, Scrum Master and DevOps engineers
- Conducts customer-facing architecture assessment meetings to gather business and technical requirements, aligns those with DevOps framework and cloud best practices, architect a solution, write Epics and User Stories in collaboration with the Team
- Participates in daily internal and external project Stand Ups as a Product Owner from the project's inception to completion
- Shares customer feedback with the Team and help align with customer expectations
- Understand current and future customer needs and priorities, manage evolving priorities
- Stays current on industry trends and best practices, and applies this knowledge when designing customer and internal Flux7 solutions
- Attend events, training, conferences and trade shows
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience working in software and on DevOps technologies
- 5+ years of technical sales experience
- Understanding of IT/Developer workflows in large enterprises
- Advanced understanding of and experience with AWS and other DevOps technologies including Docker, Ansible and Jenkins
- Strong experience working on Linux environment
- Knowledge of popular databases
- Good understanding of modern programming languages
Nice to haves:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- AWS Certified Solution Architect
- Linux System Administrator certification
- Scrum Product Owner certification
- Diversified technical skills
- Collaborative, consultative, and committed to continuous improvement and learning in a team-based environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to explain complex technical topics in an easily comprehensible manner
- Ability to manage competing priorities, while remaining focused on the customer’s needs and meeting agreed upon deliverables
- Customer-focused, analytical, detail-oriented, and a positive “can do” attitude
- This is a remote, work from home position
- As the team is global, non-standard work hours may apply
- Travels 15% - 40% of the time
Why choose Flux7?:
- Competitive salary, 17 days paid leave to start
- Super-Collaborative company culture and a team of helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people to work with, learn from, and grow alongside; check out what our people (past and present) have to say on Glassdoor about working with us.
- An opportunity to join an Award-winning organization, recognized as one of Amazon’s Premier Partners and one of Austin’s Fast 50.
- Remote work so you have no commute and are free to travel and work from where you want.
- Flexible work hours- so you are free to plan the day how you like and better manage your personal life.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life; we actually require you to have fun and some relaxation time!
All applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States without a visa; we are unable to provide new or continuing visa sponsorship opportunities at this time.
Flux7 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We request candidates to scrub such information from their resumes before submitting the application to help make Flux7 an inclusive environment for everyone.
To all agency recruiters: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are DevOps experts helping businesses to create modern IT systems and workflows that bring their ideas to life. Our engagements provide fast time to value by focusing on shortening time to market, creating stable, secure systems and increasing the efficiency of technology service delivery.
Want to learn more about Flux7? Visit Flux7's website.
Jobs You May Like
Digital Reasoning, Franklin, TN
Notary Operations Specialist
Notarize, Dallas, TX
Public Affairs Manager - DACH
Enterprise Customer Success Manager
Checkr, San Francisco
Senior Hadoop Administrator/Hadoop Engineer*
Visa, Foster City CA, US