AWS Senior DevOps Engineer
Do you have a passion for technology and learning, and a desire to work remotely as part of an award-winning AWS Premier Consulting Firm? If so, we want to hear from you!
Flux7 is a DevOps-based IT consultancy that provides architecture and migration solutions to enable companies to independently manage their own cloud infrastructure. We have an immediate opening for AWS DevOps Engineers to work as part of a service delivery team focused on creating that ‘wow’ experience for our clients.
Hiring the top tech talent is key to our success and a contributing factor to Flux7 being named in 2018 and 2019 to Inc. Magazine's 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies.
We live and die by our Core Values which are Innovation, Humility, and Transparency, and we treat each other with respect and empathy. We believe in continuous improvement, and learning from our mistakes. Our ideal candidate also lives by these values and loves to work in a collaborative, challenging, fun, and fully remote environment. We are an agile community and utilize Scrum to help identify blockers and get our work accomplished collectively.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborating as part of an assigned team on the development and testing of solutions, and installing, configuring, and troubleshooting virtual servers and network issues.
- Participating in Group Code Reviews, and ensuring proper code documentation.
- Supporting the Scrum methodology in terms of how you approach your tasks, with the guidance of a Scrum Master.
- Providing customer support when needed on Slack or during calls (customer-facing role).
- Participating in Project Kickoff Calls and Solutions-Delivery Handoff Meetings (customer-facing role)
- Mentoring new Engineers on the project team.
- Living on Slack, our virtual office.
- Working in Central Standard Time.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- A desire to engage in continuous learning to ensure knowledge of the latest DevOps Technologies and AWS product updates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Associate level certification in AWS, Azure (or agreement to obtain within 6 months post-hire)
- Minimum 2-3 years hands-on experience in DevOps and Automation.
- In-depth understanding and experience working with Cloud Platforms.
- Experience with IaC or automated builds using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, CircleCI, etc
- Experience with container orchestration utilizing ECS, EKS, Kubernetes, or Docker Swarm.
- Strong programming skills in Python, Groovy, Shell or Java
- Experience with one or more of the following Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Salt, Puppet
- Experience with one or more of the following Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, RDS, NoSQL
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, 17 days paid leave to start
- Remote work so you have no commute and are free to travel and work from where you want
- Generous health benefit contribution. Choose a plan that works best for your family with four options including two plans which offer HSA accounts
- 401K with dollar for dollar company match up to 3%
- We encourage happy and healthy employees, and Flux7 team members receive monthly gym membership reimbursement
- An opportunity to join an award-winning organization, recognized as one of Amazon’s Premier Partners and one of Austin’s Fast 50
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life; we actually require you to have fun and some relaxation time!
- Super-Collaborative company culture and a team of helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people to work with, learn from, and grow alongside
How to Apply:
For more information, please visit www.flux7.com.
All applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States without a visa; we are unable to provide new or continuing visa sponsorship opportunities at this time.
Flux7 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We request candidates to scrub such information from their resumes before submitting the application to help make Flux7 an inclusive environment for everyone.
To all agency recruiters: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are DevOps experts helping businesses to create modern IT systems and workflows that bring their ideas to life. Our engagements provide fast time to value by focusing on shortening time to market, creating stable, secure systems and increasing the efficiency of technology service delivery.