Senior Software Engineer
Attract, Retain, and Motivate Your Employees
- Work as part of a collaborative, Agile team utilizing Scrum
- Primary responsibilities include enhancements, additions, and fixes to our core application stack built on Ruby on Rails with a MySQL database
- Collaborate with Frontend, DevOps, and QA teams
- Integrate with other services to help Fond seamlessly provide value to more companies
- Pair with other Engineers to mentor and/or learn the various facets to the dev stack
- 4+ years of building and delivering production-quality web application development
- Senior level experience working with Ruby on Rails or an equivalent web framework and language
- RDBMS usage (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Unit and automated testing experience (e.g. RSpec, Selenium, Cypress)
- 3rd party API usage and integration experience
- Strong software design pattern skills for producing modular, yet performant code
- Ability to empathize with end-users; build with scale and ease of adoption in mind
- Experience building in an agile setting with code reviews and quality as a priority
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or commensurate experience
- Amazon Web Services, DevOps experience
- Database Design
- SDET/QA experience
- Competitive salary and equity package
- 100% employee + 60% dependent/spouse premium coverage on Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401k benefits
- Flexible vacation and sick policy
- Great culture and team camaraderie
- Macbook Pro or similar Linux laptop
The Hiring Process - An overview of what to expect
- Step 1: Phone Interview — After you submit your initial application, we’ll review it and reach out to candidates who seem like a good fit to schedule a 45-minute initial phone interview. On this call, we’ll discuss your past experience and learn more about your professional goals.
- Step 2: Video Interviews and Code Challenge — We’ll send you a code challenge to review and get a head start on ahead of the interview. The first video interview will be with two members of our engineering team during which you’ll work on and review the challenge together. Following that, you’ll have another video interview with two more engineers from different parts of the team
- Step 3: Meet Fond’s CEO and Product Team — Your last round of interviews will include a video interview with Fond’s Product / Design team, as well as a final video interview with our CEO. You will have the chance to gain a deeper understanding of Fond’s product, core values, and company roadmap.
- Step 4: Offer — If we believe you’d be a good fit at Fond, we will make you an offer we hope you’ll accept!
At Fond, we help organizations across industries strengthen their company cultures through an ongoing commitment to employee engagement. With Fond behind your company, we’ll help you create moments that matter for your employees, sparking happiness today—and sustaining it for the long-term.
Want to learn more about Fond? Visit Fond's website.
File hosting service
Tech Jobs For You
Technical Project Manager – Policy Implementation, Fare Transf...
Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority, Boston, MA