foodora - bringing good food into your everyday!
foodora is a Berlin-based food delivery service that partners exclusively with beloved local restaurants to deliver quality meals in 19 countries around the globe. We know the best that our cities offer and we’re bringing it online, enabling our customers to order their favourite food through our app (for iOS or Android) or web portal. We provide our restaurant-partners with an on-demand fleet of bicycle couriers, making it simple for customers around the world to access delicious meals.
We're currently expanding through Europe, Asia, Canada and Australia and we are always on the hunt for the brightest minds to join our team. Not only do we want to bring quality food to customers around the world, we also want to redefine delivery food to include the very best meals from beloved local restaurants.
We are currently looking to hire a Junior Software Engineer (m/f) for our Berlin HQ!
- As part of one of our scrum teams you will be directly involved in the development of our global platform
- You play an active role in the requirements analysis and implementation
- You use modern technologies to develop solutions based on our platform requirements
- By implementing unit and integration tests you ensure quality and stability
- You participate in the roll-out of your application in our international markets
- You are recently finished your degree in Computer Science or a similar tertiary course
- You enjoy software development and have first experience in object-oriented programming (ideally with Java, Node.js or PHP)
- You show own initiative and are able to work in a team
- You learn fast and have good problem-solving skills
- Your English is very good (German is not required for this role)
What We Offer:
A modern office in the heart of Berlin, close to amazing restaurants and bars. Inside the walls of this office you’ll find:
- An empowering, international and agile working environment
- Responsibility from day one in an innovative and rapidly expanding tech business
- Regular office parties and exciting team events
- And a bunch of cool extras including a kicker table, table tennis and a playstation room, as well as free language classes and of course a monthly corporate discount for foodora!
More information about what we are doing can be found on our tech blog, so check it out!
About foodora Germany
About us foodora brings good food into your everyday, whether delivering on our signature pink bikes or serving insights into the newest food trends and showcasing local favorite restaurants. We're a food delivery service, that's for sure -- but we offer more. We offer the ability to take that first bite of your favourite meal and relish in the moment. Wherever you are. We share our excitement for a world of cuisines; from the vibrant, social media-ready appearance, to the story behind the person who invented the recipe. foodora operates in 10 countries worldwide. Through the energy of our riders and the teams in all of our office spaces, we connect lovers of food to our brilliant partner restaurants. We're changing the way food delivery is viewed and experienced worldwide.