Formlabs 3D printers are mechanical engineering marvels that are challenging and exciting to develop. The mechanics are precise and full of clever mechanisms that drive tightly integrated systems. The designs need to be produced in high volumes while being built with a beautiful aesthetics at an accessible price. Our mechanical engineers work on the entire lifecycle of the products they create - from the first whiteboard sketch to the final ECO for their completed assemblies. We work quickly: rapidly prototyping, testing and iterating at a fast pace. This work requires close collaboration with dozens of other engineers, spanning multiple disciplines across the company.
The mechanical engineering team currently covers multiple product lines at different stages of development. We are looking for a Director of Mechanical Engineering to lead and develop our rapidly growing team of talented mechanical engineers as we create next-generation digital fabrication technology here at Formlabs.
- An expert mechanical engineer with strong domain knowledge and skills
- Taken multiple electro-mechanical products through the product lifecycle from concept to production
- Able to communicate fluidly across technical domains
- Developed complex technologies from early stages through production
- Previous experience managing larger teams or multiple teams of engineers
- Ready to lead in a fast-paced and high-growth environment
- Be an effective people manager who provides technical guidance, evaluation and facilitates career growth
- Hire and build the mechanical engineering functional group at Formlabs
- Responsible for delivering quality mechanical engineering work to many products
- Interface with other functional leaders for product development
- Determine project resource requirements, including schedule, budget, lab space, etc.
- Define and influence product strategy
- Flexible Vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
We’re a passionate team of engineers, designers, and problem-solvers. Started out of MIT in 2011, Formlabs now employs over 250 people across offices in Germany, Japan, and China. We're committed to bringing powerful and accessible fabrication tools into the creative hands of professionals around the world. With the Form 2 SLA 3D printer, Fuse 1 SLS 3D printer, Form Cell manufacturing solution, and Pinshape marketplace of 3D designs, Formlabs is establishing the industry benchmark in professional 3D printing for professionals from a variety of industries. We also develop high-performance materials in-house, as well as best-in-class 3D printing software like PreForm and Dashboard. We believe in what we do, and we’re excited about creating powerful tools that change the way we work and live.
Want to learn more about Formlabs? Visit Formlabs's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Front End Mobile Web Developer
Iterable, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer, Backend, Operations Technology
Enterprise Technical Support Engineer, Remote (m/f)
Pocket Gems, Core Games
Software Developer (Java)
Lightspeed, Ghent, BE
Revinate, San Francisco, CA