To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
3D printing requires a complex interplay of software, hardware, and electronics – our embedded engineers are the essential component that ties these teams together. Our Embedded Engineering team is collaborative, with all members making a large impact, regardless of seniority. We’re looking for someone who loves to collaborate with electrical engineers, systems engineers, and the rest of our software team to build and establish our embedded systems.
If you’re excited to lead a team of engineers, hack on firmware, and create elegant solutions to problems on real-world products, we want you as our Lead Embedded Software Engineer.
- Lead and mentor a small team of firmware engineers
- Work with software and hardware teams to optimize printer performance and provide the latest software advancements to our entire portfolio.
- Design embedded software applications from beginning to release
- Collaborate with a team of diverse engineers to always enhance the user experience of our products
- Write and ship meaningful code that makes our custom hardware work
- Find the bugs
- Push the limits of 3D printing
- Have 3+ years experience working with embedded systems
- Have lead a team in the past
- Passionate about firmware and embedded electronics
- Expert knowledge of C++, comfortable working with C and Python
- Love to write, test, and debug low-level code (from microcontrollers to embedded Linux)
- Development experience in Unix environments
- Love to work in a collaborative environment
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Experience with the Linux kernel, e.g. writing device drivers
- Experience working with high-value consumer electronics
- Passion and experience in 3D printing
- Background in electronics or robotics
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
We’re a passionate team of engineers, designers, and problem-solvers. Started out of MIT in 2011, Formlabs now employs over 250 people across offices in Germany, Japan, and China. We're committed to bringing powerful and accessible fabrication tools into the creative hands of professionals around the world. With the Form 2 SLA 3D printer, Fuse 1 SLS 3D printer, Form Cell manufacturing solution, and Pinshape marketplace of 3D designs, Formlabs is establishing the industry benchmark in professional 3D printing for professionals from a variety of industries. We also develop high-performance materials in-house, as well as best-in-class 3D printing software like PreForm and Dashboard. We believe in what we do, and we’re excited about creating powerful tools that change the way we work and live.
Want to learn more about Formlabs? Visit Formlabs's website.
189 Active Jobs
On-demand delivery empowering local economies