To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The 3D printing industry is exploding, and materials development presents one of the greatest opportunities to innovate in 3D printing. Developing new materials allows us to expand our user base and branch out into new applications. Our materials team works closely with hardware and software engineers to develop and troubleshoot new resins that produce the results our customers need.
If you are a formulation expert looking to develop innovative materials for our 3D printing platform, and excited to break new ground in an industry that’s moving at lightning speed, we want you as a Polymer Scientist.
- Develop and formulate high performance photopolymers for 3D printing at a rapid pace
- Work with hardware and software engineers to optimize printing performance
- Launch developed products from conceptualization
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on industry experience in application development of polymer materials: resins, coatings, adhesives, elastomers, films, foams, rubbers, composites, thermoplastics, thermosets
- Expertise in formulating a wide range of high-performance polymers: acrylate, urethane, epoxy, silicone, rubbers, plastics
- Able to operate with little management in a complex environment
- Proven track record of the scale up and commercialization of new product development
- Experience in process optimization, research reporting, and marketing support
- Excited to collaborate with a diverse group of scientists and engineers
- BS or MS in Chemistry or Material Science
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
We’re a passionate team of engineers, designers, and problem-solvers. Started out of MIT in 2011, Formlabs now employs over 250 people across offices in Germany, Japan, and China. We're committed to bringing powerful and accessible fabrication tools into the creative hands of professionals around the world. With the Form 2 SLA 3D printer, Fuse 1 SLS 3D printer, Form Cell manufacturing solution, and Pinshape marketplace of 3D designs, Formlabs is establishing the industry benchmark in professional 3D printing for professionals from a variety of industries. We also develop high-performance materials in-house, as well as best-in-class 3D printing software like PreForm and Dashboard. We believe in what we do, and we’re excited about creating powerful tools that change the way we work and live.