To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our Print Production team runs the fabrication space for almost everything 3D printed at our facility. Our facility, located in Millbury, Ohio, has over 180 desktop SLA 3D printers that produce over 15,000 pieces per month.
Here we print standard sample parts to assist our sales and marketing process, as well as beautiful models for tradeshows and events. If you’d like to help accommodate increasing demand everywhere, maintain our high standards, and help efficiently manage the team’s operations, we want you as our Print Production Operations Manager.
- Set metrics and manage the entire print production process from start to finish (printing, washing, cleaning, packing, shipping parts, and more!)
- Build analytics and tracking systems to monitor key metrics like inventory, costs, yield, efficiency, quality, time to ship, and other metrics
- Implement process improvements and write SOPs to meet expected metrics
- Work with marketing team to take assets from ideation to mass production, providing design for 3DP feedback as needed.
- Own physical space and EHS for our facility, and work with external contractors to improve both.
- Directly manage a team of 3D Printer operators and run team meetings
- 10-25% travel to other office locations
- Experience in a manufacturing field
- Can smoothly navigate competing priorities, tight deadlines, and last minute projects with the team
- Have strong communication skills and can work with a variety of stakeholders
- Previous experience making process improvements to meet weekly demand and targets while maintaining quality
- Comfort scaling operations as needed to meet increased demand
- Experience implementing and updating production quality standards
- 1-3 years of managing operations, logistics, manufacturing, or general business process
- Experience with people management, preferably in manufacturing or operations settings
- Associates or Bachelors in Manufacturing, Engineering Technologies, Management, or other related field
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Experience with 3D printing
- Experience working with remote teams
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
We’re a passionate team of engineers, designers, and problem-solvers. Started out of MIT in 2011, Formlabs now employs over 250 people across offices in Germany, Japan, and China. We're committed to bringing powerful and accessible fabrication tools into the creative hands of professionals around the world. With the Form 2 SLA 3D printer, Fuse 1 SLS 3D printer, Form Cell manufacturing solution, and Pinshape marketplace of 3D designs, Formlabs is establishing the industry benchmark in professional 3D printing for professionals from a variety of industries. We also develop high-performance materials in-house, as well as best-in-class 3D printing software like PreForm and Dashboard. We believe in what we do, and we’re excited about creating powerful tools that change the way we work and live.