To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
As mechanical engineers at a 3D printing company we create tools we use ourselves. We’re excited to build devices that not only create beautiful parts but also reflect careful user experience design. Our team prototypes, builds, and manufactures the mechanisms and systems that make our printers function with precision and reliability.
If you want to help design and create the tools you would love to use yourself, we want you as a Mechanical Engineer.
- Push the capabilities of 3D printing
- Engineer the most amazing desktop 3D printer on the market
- Prototype new mechanisms, test materials, and research 3D printing challenges
- Create detailed designs in CAD and well-specified, accurate drawings
- Want to build a precision tool that is beautiful inside and out
- Enjoy the gritty details of part design, material selection, and manufacturing techniques
- Craft elegant designs that function with efficiency and simplicity
- Use Solidworks to design components, produce drawings, and build assemblies
- Are familiar with a variety of manufacturing techniques including injection molding and sheet metal fabrication
- Can prototype your own designs
- Have experience with the full product development cycle
- Can communicate seamlessly with vendors and suppliers across the globe
- Are hands-on and willing to cross discipline boundaries to solve a problem
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Experience working with a contract manufacturer
- Electronics and circuit design
- PLM/document control systems
- Programming skills (Python)
- Industrial design
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
We’re a passionate team of engineers, designers, and problem-solvers. Started out of MIT in 2011, Formlabs now employs over 250 people across offices in Germany, Japan, and China. We're committed to bringing powerful and accessible fabrication tools into the creative hands of professionals around the world. With the Form 2 SLA 3D printer, Fuse 1 SLS 3D printer, Form Cell manufacturing solution, and Pinshape marketplace of 3D designs, Formlabs is establishing the industry benchmark in professional 3D printing for professionals from a variety of industries. We also develop high-performance materials in-house, as well as best-in-class 3D printing software like PreForm and Dashboard. We believe in what we do, and we’re excited about creating powerful tools that change the way we work and live.
Want to learn more about Formlabs? Visit Formlabs's website.
Help the world share their story