To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Software is at the center of our product development - it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing.
Formlabs continues to develop one of the most powerful and intuitive desktop print applications on the market: PreForm. In addition to the user-facing side, our software also determines the machine movements required to produce a physical object from a digital model. We use code to control multiple actuators, sensors, and a high precision laser system. Producing perfect 3D prints requires developers who have a deep understanding of the electromechanical process.
If you have an engineering background to understand the physics of our printer, and are excited to use your software expertise to improve our product, we want you as a Senior C++ Generalist
- Expand and deepen our desktop and embedded software across multiple printers and new application areas
- Write code, refine our architecture, participate in key software decisions
- Be interested in all parts of our software system
- Contribute to strategic decisions like choosing new hardware platforms
- An accomplished engineer who is passionate about backend functionality
- Are a full stack software developer, from systems to algorithms to embedded software
- Highly proficient in C++, can build complex software products
- Comfortable with complex algorithms
- Can lead projects, mentor developers and contribute to software design in all areas
- Can guide the team in balancing technical debt and shipping dates
- Are excited to dive into a huge variety of challenges
Experience creating automated software build systems
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
We’re a passionate team of engineers, designers, and problem-solvers. Started out of MIT in 2011, Formlabs now employs over 250 people across offices in Germany, Japan, and China. We're committed to bringing powerful and accessible fabrication tools into the creative hands of professionals around the world. With the Form 2 SLA 3D printer, Fuse 1 SLS 3D printer, Form Cell manufacturing solution, and Pinshape marketplace of 3D designs, Formlabs is establishing the industry benchmark in professional 3D printing for professionals from a variety of industries. We also develop high-performance materials in-house, as well as best-in-class 3D printing software like PreForm and Dashboard. We believe in what we do, and we’re excited about creating powerful tools that change the way we work and live.
Want to learn more about Formlabs? Visit Formlabs's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.