To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
3D printing requires a complex interplay of software, hardware, and electronics – our embedded engineers are the essential component that ties these teams together. As an Embedded Software Engineer at Formlabs, you’ll collaborate with electrical engineers, systems engineers, and the rest of our software team to build, shape, and define our embedded systems.
If you’re excited to hack on firmware and create elegant solutions to problems on real-world products, we want you as a Senior Software Engineer.
- Design and implement embedded software applications from ideation to release
- Write and ship meaningful code that makes our custom hardware work, find the bugs, and push the limits of 3D printing
- Collaborate with a stellar team of diverse engineers to enhance the user experience of our products
- Have 5+ years experience working with embedded systems
- Have a love for firmware and embedded electronics
- Are a C expert and also comfortable working with C++ and Python
- Write, test, and debug low-level code (from microcontrollers to embedded Linux)
- Development in Unix environments
- Love to work in a collaborative environment
- Operate on a desire for excellence and a sense of ownership
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Experience with the Linux kernel, e.g. writing device drivers
- Experience working with high-value consumer electronics
- Passion and experience in 3D printing
- Background in electronics or robotics
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
We’re a passionate team of engineers, designers, and problem-solvers. Started out of MIT in 2011, Formlabs now employs over 250 people across offices in Germany, Japan, and China. We're committed to bringing powerful and accessible fabrication tools into the creative hands of professionals around the world. With the Form 2 SLA 3D printer, Fuse 1 SLS 3D printer, Form Cell manufacturing solution, and Pinshape marketplace of 3D designs, Formlabs is establishing the industry benchmark in professional 3D printing for professionals from a variety of industries. We also develop high-performance materials in-house, as well as best-in-class 3D printing software like PreForm and Dashboard. We believe in what we do, and we’re excited about creating powerful tools that change the way we work and live.
Want to learn more about Formlabs? Visit Formlabs's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price