To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Clever tricks and novel technologies aren’t the only things you need to make a successful product. The rest comes from sound engineering decision-making, an understanding of where different technologies should be applied, and a holistic design perspective. The Systems Design team strives to continuously build and improve a technical platform which we use to turn bleeding edge R+D concepts into robust products.
Our Product Systems Engineers are multidisciplinary individuals who address some of the most difficult challenges Formlabs has to offer. Our engineers jump into the process at any stage of the product design cycle to ensure we reach the best result. If you are someone who likes to solve complex problems, we want you to join our team as a Product Systems Engineer.
- Turn product requirements into technical specifications for controller and algorithm behavior and validate performance
- Prototype and harden calibration techniques for laser pointing, temperature control, and other systems
- Collaborate with software engineers to turn prototype software into production software
- Implement and validate diagnostic tools for remote printer debugging
- Design fixtures and experiments to characterize system behavior
- Build tolerance analyses based on printing requirements to aid the mechanical engineering team in designing products
- Root cause and issue tracking analysis for new products
- Have 3+ years of technical experience in electromechanical design
- Experience coding with Python and C++
- Are able and willing to dive into hands-on debugging, assembly, and calibration of complex electromechanical systems
- Have a natural ability to align the goals and needs of different teams and collaborate across disciplines
- Experience with electromechanical consumer products
- Experience with DSP and state-space controllers
- Flexible Vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
We’re a passionate team of engineers, designers, and problem-solvers. Started out of MIT in 2011, Formlabs now employs over 250 people across offices in Germany, Japan, and China. We're committed to bringing powerful and accessible fabrication tools into the creative hands of professionals around the world. With the Form 2 SLA 3D printer, Fuse 1 SLS 3D printer, Form Cell manufacturing solution, and Pinshape marketplace of 3D designs, Formlabs is establishing the industry benchmark in professional 3D printing for professionals from a variety of industries. We also develop high-performance materials in-house, as well as best-in-class 3D printing software like PreForm and Dashboard. We believe in what we do, and we’re excited about creating powerful tools that change the way we work and live.
Want to learn more about Formlabs? Visit Formlabs's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer In Test (Cloud) - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Production Engineering Lead - Edgescale - Edge and Infrastructure
Shopify, Toronto, Canada
Senior Software Development Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Culver City, CA
Swiftype - Backend Engineer
Mixpanel, San Francisco, CA