To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
We’re excited to build devices that not only perform remarkably and create beautiful parts but also reflect careful user experience design. You will be architecting, prototyping, building, and designing the hardware systems of our next generation 3D printers. You will be responsible for key system decisions that affect the final performance and reliability of the products.
If you want to lead the design and create the tools you would love to use yourself, we want you as a Senior Mechanical Engineer.
- Push the capabilities of 3D printing by creating innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Be a technical leader within a group of mechanical, systems and electrical engineers, designing, reviewing and guiding junior colleagues’ work
- Prototype new systems, mechanisms, test materials, and research 3D printing challenges
- Architect the numerous subsystems of a 3D printer for performance, manufacturability and reliability
- Engineer the most amazing 3D printers on the market
- Can share a strong portfolio of previous work with a background in electro-mechanical systems
- Want to build a precision tool that is beautiful inside and out
- Familiar with thermal systems, optical systems, sensor design, controllers, structures and algorithms
- Enjoy the gritty details of part design, material selection and manufacturing techniques
- Craft elegant systems that function with efficiency and simplicity
- Can communicate effectively with vendors and suppliers across the globe
- Are familiar with a variety of manufacturing methods for creating high-volume and high performance products
- Are hands on and can work across disciplines to prototype your own designs and solve problems
- Have experience with the full product development cycle
- 5+ years industry experience
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Familiar with polymers and polymer chemistry
- Electronics and circuit design
- PLM/document control systems
- Programming skills (Python)
- Industrial design
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
We’re a passionate team of engineers, designers, and problem-solvers. Started out of MIT in 2011, Formlabs now employs over 250 people across offices in Germany, Japan, and China. We're committed to bringing powerful and accessible fabrication tools into the creative hands of professionals around the world. With the Form 2 SLA 3D printer, Fuse 1 SLS 3D printer, Form Cell manufacturing solution, and Pinshape marketplace of 3D designs, Formlabs is establishing the industry benchmark in professional 3D printing for professionals from a variety of industries. We also develop high-performance materials in-house, as well as best-in-class 3D printing software like PreForm and Dashboard. We believe in what we do, and we’re excited about creating powerful tools that change the way we work and live.
Want to learn more about Formlabs? Visit Formlabs's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.