To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Software is at the heart of all aspects of Formlabs products. We aim to bring ground-breaking 3D printers to the desks and shops of designers, artists, and professionals the world over. Our software is integral to ensuring exceptional experiences with our products as it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will manage at least 8 software engineers and technical leads for multiple software projects. You will coordinate with remote software engineering teams to plan large projects and set schedules. The Software Engineering Manager will be involved in a range of projects, including core 3D printing algorithm development, 3D rendering, web-based services, and UI/UX.
- Manage a team of seven engineers
- Key contributor to software architecture decisions on new products for both R&D and production development
- Work closely with software and hardware product managers and 3D printing R&D teams to guarantee the delivery of new algorithms, features, and 3D printers
- Coordinate with two remote software teams on release and project planning
- Full responsibility for hiring, growing, and retaining great talent
We value diversity at Formlabs, and work to remove unconscious and unnecessary barriers to build the best team possible. While we’ve outlined what an ideal candidate could look like, we know that you may bring something unanticipated and essential to the team. If you’re reading this and can see yourself contributing, please apply!
- Ready to collaborate with a wide range of technical disciplines, including Software, Hardware, and Design teams
- Have experience as a manager and technical leader of at least one group of five or more software engineers, ideally two groups
- Comfortable managing risk and making meaningful decisions for your organization
- An excellent software engineer who has shown they are also successful as a manager and leader
- Desire to grow the skills and fully leverage the talent of the team you manage
- Able to drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Track record of managing teams who develop a high volume of new features
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’re a passionate team of engineers, designers, and problem-solvers. Started out of MIT in 2011, Formlabs now employs over 250 people across offices in Germany, Japan, and China. We're committed to bringing powerful and accessible fabrication tools into the creative hands of professionals around the world. With the Form 2 SLA 3D printer, Fuse 1 SLS 3D printer, Form Cell manufacturing solution, and Pinshape marketplace of 3D designs, Formlabs is establishing the industry benchmark in professional 3D printing for professionals from a variety of industries. We also develop high-performance materials in-house, as well as best-in-class 3D printing software like PreForm and Dashboard. We believe in what we do, and we’re excited about creating powerful tools that change the way we work and live.
Want to learn more about Formlabs? Visit Formlabs's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Tech Jobs For You
Workday Certified Talent/Performance Lead - Education & Govern...
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA