Mechanical Engineer, Product Design & Development
Forward, San Francisco, CA
A New Kind of Health Membership, Augmented with Technology
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Tackle problems on the boundary of software, hardware, and the real world.
- Own the technical aspects of the entire hardware development lifecycle across Forward’s devices and platforms like body scanners, smart examination rooms, and hand-held medical devices.
- Drive industrial/mechanical design, prototyping, manufacturing, scaling, quality control and vendor management across hardware R&D initiatives.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure your team delivers safe, functional, reliable, and premium hardware solutions at a high velocity.
- Anticipate and address technical challenges in your areas via thoughtful tactical execution, strategic long-term planning, and architectural decisions.
- Work with top-tier software and hardware engineering talent from places like Google X, Amazon, Nvidia, Uber, and NASA JPL.
- Travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, or manufacturing partners, as needed.
- Your work will directly contribute to saving and improving people’s lives. For real. :)
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Impact - You’re deeply mission-driven and you think there’s more to life than software that enables puppy ears to be superimposed on photos. Although we concede those are cute.
- Technical chops - You have breadth and depth of expertise in hardware engineering to lead prototype designs, sensor selection, architectural decisions, vendor identification, test plans, fabrication, safety requirements and material choices. You have a solid track record for solving complex problems from first principles and delivering quality hardware solutions in high-ambiguity environments.
- Entrepreneurship - You’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end. You don’t ask for permission - you’re too busy making things happen.
- Team player - You know how to make those around you better and feed off their energy. You take care of your teammates.
- Curiosity - You like to mess around with computer vision, hardware hacking, or bioinformatics in your free time? You made your own smart mirror? Boy have we got some fun things for you…
- 5 or more years of professional experience
- You have a BS or MS in mechanical engineering or a related field.
Forward is a startup redesigning the way we deliver healthcare using all the technologies healthcare has neglected: sensors, mobile, and AI. We were founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber and led by serial-entrepreneur, Adrian Aoun. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir founder), Joshua Kushner (Oscar co-founder) and Garrett Camp (Uber co-founder).
Want to learn more about Forward? Visit Forward's website.
4 Active Jobs
Swipe. Match. Chat.