Quality Engineer, Medical Devices
Forward, San Francisco, CA
A New Kind of Health Membership, Augmented with Technology
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Sample size estimation and justification for design verification and product validation.
- Test plan creation.
- Test tooling specification.
- Gauge R&R on any test tooling, as needed.
- Test execution and analysis.
- Consult on fleet quality management approaches.
- Develop quality engineering methodologies to support manufacturing changes and/or retrofit procedure and verification.
- Supplier audit and basic project management to support builds as well as online testing.
- Serve as a cross-functional technical lead in statistical analysis techniques, experimental design, data analysis, sampling techniques and other traditional QA Engineering areas of expertise.
- Create statistical plans to validate intermediate outputs.
- Contribute to hardware scalability improvements.
- Support documentation efforts for regulatory submissions.
- Your work will directly contribute to improving and saving lives. For real.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Extremely comfortable solving difficult & complex problems from first principles, overcoming ambiguity, willing to assume many roles (even the less glorious ones), & working with a team (assertively, yet kindly & humbly).
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in quality assurance, failure analysis or product development.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015, ISO13485:2016, and 21 CFR Part 820 quality systems is required.
- Six Sigma experience.
- In-depth understanding of statistical techniques such as normality analysis, confidence intervals and should be able to analyze and interpret data with high confidence.
- Able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, backing up rationale with analysis.
- Experience working at a high-performing hardware-focused startup and/or top-tier device manufacturer shipping multiple complex high-quality low & medium volume products.
- Dedicated to the audacious & long-term mission of providing the best healthcare to everyone in the world.
Forward is a startup redesigning the way we deliver healthcare using all the technologies healthcare has neglected: sensors, mobile, and AI. We were founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber and led by serial-entrepreneur, Adrian Aoun. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir founder), Joshua Kushner (Oscar co-founder) and Garrett Camp (Uber co-founder).
Want to learn more about Forward? Visit Forward's website.
390 Active Jobs
Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.