Senior Product Counsel
Forward, San Francisco, CA
A New Kind of Health Membership, Augmented with Technology
- Be the key partner for the product, engineering, and medical teams, helping them throughout the product/service lifecycle
- Own the breadth of legal issues surrounding your products - regulatory advice on structuring the product, privacy advising to do the same, getting the contracts done that make it happen, and managing the legal issues that arise as the product is launched, used, and improved
- Do a little of everything. While your key stakeholders are noted above, we’re a small team, and because you’re great, we’ll ask for help in other areas too!
- Work alongside our general counsel to solve high priority challenges and scale the company
- Be a legal ambassador. Share the mission of legal, inspire people to work with legal, and field and clarify questions from people across Forward
- A health / medicine law generalist – You know a lot about a lot of things in health and medicine, and are comfortable diving into new challenges.
- Process and metrics oriented – You’ve got a metric for everything, and you consider ad hoc approaches your enemy. You break down ideas, projects, and problems into components and create logical progressions through those components.
- Collaborative – Your impact is much greater because people like working with you and do more for you.
- Entrepreneurial – You’re a self-starter who works independently with little supervision. You drive projects forward.
- Mission-driven – Our ultimate goal is to help others by bringing them access to better care. We want to bring people on board who share that passion and drive and are motivated to help us get there.
- Active membership in a state bar, CA preferred
- At least 8 years of experience practicing as an attorney
- Substantive experience in some of the following areas: FDA devices, HIPAA, Stark and anti-kickback, telemedicine, state medical board rules and state medical regulatory, FTC UDAP, consumer protection and privacy
- In house and start-up experience
Forward is a startup redesigning the way we deliver healthcare using all the technologies healthcare has neglected: sensors, mobile, and AI. We were founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber and led by serial-entrepreneur, Adrian Aoun. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir founder), Joshua Kushner (Oscar co-founder) and Garrett Camp (Uber co-founder).
Want to learn more about Forward? Visit Forward's website.
150 Active Jobs
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Jobs You May Like