Data Scientist (Telemedicine Analytics)
Forward, San Francisco, CA
A New Kind of Health Membership, Augmented with Technology
- Develop data-driven business insights to identify opportunities for operations and product initiatives for our Telemedicine offering.
- Design, build, execute, and own statistical analyses to drive Key Performance Indicators and other business metrics, including user demand forecasting, algorithmic staffing models, and system optimization.
- Clearly communicate insights and recommendations to leadership through effective data visualization and presentations to inform business decisions.
- Build and evolve our analytical processes, tools and data pipeline to drive rapid scaling while continuously improving accuracy, efficiency, and speed of execution.
- Impact-Driven - You care about your impact upon the world. That means more building and less talking as you’re working toward something that has a chance to change people’s live
- Crazy Analytical - You have a deep understanding of how to break down and solve complex, ambiguous problems with a demonstrated track record of high performance. Beyond that, you know how to interpret the data to tell a compelling, action-driving story.
- Systems Thinker - You think about unintended consequences and second- and third-order effects. You thrive in complexity and are always thinking several steps ahead.
- Entrepreneurial - You’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end. You don’t ask for permission - you’re too busy making things happen.
- 4+ years experience with a background in data science, statistical methods and testing, and model development.
- Expertise in SQL and data visualization; proficiency in statistical tools like R or Python.
- BA/BS in quantitative field required.
- Advanced degree in data science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or other quantitative fields.
- Startup experience a plus but not required
Forward is a startup redesigning the way we deliver healthcare using all the technologies healthcare has neglected: sensors, mobile, and AI. We were founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber and led by serial-entrepreneur, Adrian Aoun. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir founder), Joshua Kushner (Oscar co-founder) and Garrett Camp (Uber co-founder).
Want to learn more about Forward? Visit Forward's website.
Using digital technology to transform the physical world