You will also play a vital role in ensuring high-quality data across our venues database and priority venue chains. Through manual evaluations, ad hoc financial analyses, polygon creation, and the production of training sets for our various machine-learning models, interns serve as the human/non-programmatic wing of the Venues team - one that is key in achieving quarterly objectives and goals.
This is a paid, 40 hr/wk, 4-month internship located at our headquarters in the Flatiron District, NYC. While there are no guaranteed full-time opportunities available after the 4 month period, former interns from our Product & Data Support team have gone on to full-time positions at dynamic tech companies. This is a great way to get your foot in the door into the tech scene!
- Respond to support requests
- Escalate potential product issues
- Assist with new business on-boarding
- Curate and vet popular venues in our database to help ensure users have access to highly-personalized recommendations
- Beta version QA testing for both of our consumer apps
- Using internal tooling, manually create polygons for prioritized venues and venue chains
- Research/Review recent financial reports for our prioritized venue chains
- Analyze and determine current estimated venue coverage for prioritized venue chains
- Deep dives on specific chains to validate venue-level firmographic data accuracy
- Harmonize our venues with one of our many outside data sources
- Create training sets for our machine learning models
- Support ad hoc analyses for large partners, e.g. Apple, Uber, hedge funds
- Perform QA evaluations for various outputs of Venue Data Pipeline
- Strong work ethic and acute attention to detail
- Efficient and effective online research skills
- Familiarity with Google Maps & Street View
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A careful eye to help identify, troubleshoot, and report bugs
- A passionate Foursquare and/or Swarm user
- Experience with OS X, Excel, Google Apps
- Bonus: Prior experience with Zendesk, Jira or Asana, SQL, in Customer Service or Hospitality
The next set of hiring dates that we will be recruiting for are below. When applying, please let us know which date(s) you would be available to start, if selected to be hired.
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About us Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through a deep understanding of location intelligence. Every month, more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide app, Foursquare Swarm check-in app and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. Our community of explorers have left 91 million tips and checked in 12 billion times. Foursquare’s Places API powers location data for Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Twitter, Uber, Airbnb and 100,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success. Foursquare has over 250 employees based in New York headquarters and offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, and Singapore. Foursquare is proud to be funded by Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more. U.S. offices New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles International offices London, Singapore
Want to learn more about Foursquare? Visit Foursquare's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Cybersecurity Analyst - Mergers & Acquisitions, Identity and Access Management
Visa, Highlands Ranch CO, US