Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
About This Position:
Foursquare’s Enterprise team takes on the challenges of working with the world’s largest consumer enterprises to leverage the data produced by our consumer apps, and the power of the Foursquare Pilgrim SDK. We build tools and products that allow employees and clients to derive rich and meaningful insights about the real world. As Foursquare’s Director, Business Development, Retail & QSR, you will be responsible for creating a revenue roadmap for the Retail & QSR segments and leading the execution across direct sales and channel partner led opportunities.
We are looking for a candidate who is ready to bring new ideas to the table; who loves to dig into the sales process to find the way into large enterprise organizations; who can sell strategically, and who can quickly understand, discuss, and deliver the value proposition of the Foursquare promise to technologists and business people alike. Knowledge of the Location tech space, Mobile Marketing Automation, Enterprise CRM and other marketing technologies is preferred.
- Establish partnerships that drive significant contributions to Foursquare's revenue and user growth through licensing of Foursquare data & developer tools
- Cultivate relationships with C-level and senior executives in the retail and QSR vertical
- Lead the partnership and deal process, from strategy/planning, pipeline development, prospecting, outreach, terms negotiation, contract drafting and negotiation, through implementation
- Develop strong relationships across the Foursquare organization, including the business, legal, product, marketing and engineering organizations
- Represent Foursquare as a spokesperson and evangelist at industry events in the US and abroad
- Travel for meetings, conferences, and events (est 20-30%)
- You are an experienced sales leader with at least 5 years experience selling SaaS into retail and QSR.
- Successful track record as a business development leader at a leading geo-data, SaaS, or technology/software related company
- Deep familiarity with Foursquare’s consumer internet and mobile products
- Direct experience with data and API-based partnerships and integrations, data licensing and/or mobile SDK integrations
- Familiarity and understanding of the mar-tech and ad-tech landscapes
- Outstanding communication skills in all forms: written, presentations, negotiations
- Relentless perseverance through long and complex strategic deal cycles
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA or MSc Degree is a big plus!
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About us Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through a deep understanding of location intelligence. Every month, more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide app, Foursquare Swarm check-in app and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. Our community of explorers have left 91 million tips and checked in 12 billion times. Foursquare’s Places API powers location data for Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Twitter, Uber, Airbnb and 100,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success. Foursquare has over 250 employees based in New York headquarters and offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, and Singapore. Foursquare is proud to be funded by Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more. U.S. offices New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles International offices London, Singapore
Want to learn more about Foursquare? Visit Foursquare's website.
Jobs You May Like
Alliance Partnerships Manager London
Business Development Manager
Getaround, Washington, DC
Programmatic Sales Manager
Join our Talent Network
Intersection, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Secaucus
Director, Business Development
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Senior Buyer, Brands on Wish
Wish, Los Angeles